NE1 here use Apollo Bio-Filter with your regs? Think those rusty steel tanks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one. My original charcoal filter still looks brand-new, so I'm guessing the tanks I rent are pretty clean. I use it more for the moisturizing ability.

Ads for the Bio-Filter caught my eye because I hate cotton mouth but I hesitate to add accessories to my hose that could add possible failure spots.
Rex

jbliesath:
Are there any problems with these being a bacteria collection point?

No. Not at all, They come with instructions to remove the "sponge" after use and squeezing it out. Just set it out to dry after, and its good for the next use. You should only use distilled water in them so there is no chance of mineral deposits forming anywhere. It's quite a piece of equipment, and really does work!

So, I did some more research and if only filtration is required, the Apollo Bio-Micro Filtration is cheaper! USD$60+ or so.

It looks pretty neat. Smaller, cheaper and has replaceable filters. I think the Bio-Filter's main selling point is to reduce dry air... but, for me, I only need to filter the air that I breathe from rental tanks. Sheesh! You never know what it looks like inside rental tanks....

NE1 here using this Bio-Micro instead of the Bio-Filter ?

Back
Top Bottom