NDR: out at the beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Tried to do some more surfing shots the other day, but the surfers were just relaxing mostly due to a smallish swell. So I watched a pair of these funny looking guys fishing for ages - it was hilarious!

beachbird1.jpg

Walking the dogs yesterday at low tide proved to be a most difficult shooting scenario as they both decided they needed to a) help me and b) check out the subject a bit closer. I only shot a couple of frames before I gave it up...

These blue crabs were out in great numbers:

crabrunV1.jpg

crabsrun1.jpg

And of course, more emus...but these were educational! I had no idea they had these weird see-thru eyelids!
emueyelid1.jpg

And here's the evil twin getting in the frame...
eviltwin.jpg

As always, hope you enjoy...

Those translucent membranes are called nictating membranes, and quite a few species have them to protect their corneas from trauma while still permitting them to see quite a bit -- important for prey species!

Love the march of the blue Martians . . . oops, crabs :)

Cool, thanks for the "real" info :) Not sure what predators our emus have other than the occasional tourist driven LandCruiser!

Here's my favourite from the surf beach the other day:

anticipation1.jpg

The surf shot works for me - the out of focus water in the distance works somehow. Great shot.

Back
Top Bottom