NDR: camera does work on land :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Haven't been able to get out on or under the water lately, but I did force myself to take my camera and the Sigma 18-200 out yesterday to mess about a bit. Nothing spectacular, just for fun...

Surfers:
3surfersBW60s1.jpg

Cresting the wave:
surfercrest1a.jpg

There was a gorgeous dad emu with two yearlings having a bit of a cool down and a drink from a mud puddle left by our torrential rains on Saturday. I saw them as I was driving so pulled to the side just beyond them. They were perfectly happy to have me there so I rolled the window down, but didn't try to get out.

As I'm happily shooting away, four of these most annoying hire scooters pull up behind me. No problem, I'm happy to have lots of people looking at our wildlife.

Until...one of the idiots started to rev his motor and then he started jerking toward the emus (you know that rev, jump the scooter a few inches, rev, jump etc). He was clearly trying to get a reaction from them. He looked me right in the eye as he did it and I shook my head and said "don't do that!" Of course, the emus got up and scuttled away - he'd come within about five feet of the water. Then they left. Idiots. Every one of them. Idiots.

I got ready to leave, but then I saw the dad turn around. So I waited patiently and back they came for another go at the drink station. I'm not that happy with these shots, but they are just so cute I'd thought I'd share anyway

See the one has a funny eye? Poor baby!
emutriopuddle1a.jpg

This guy was so funny - so awkward!
emusquat1a.jpg

I really like the bottom Emu pic. It's looking right at you and almost looks like its smiling. Cool DOF too :)

I think the B&W shot doesn't have enough contrast for my taste, and the surfer looks a little overexposed... but that's just my opinon on those. It could have been what you were going for. :D

Fun stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Guys.

Howard - thanks for the little tidbits on what you see, I really appreciate the feedback as it helps me for future shots and gives me things to think about. When I get time, I'll play with the bw and maybe do a darker version of the second one to see if that is more visually appealing. Glad you took the time to offer some insight even though I forgot to add C&C to my title - I never remember that!

FLTEK - for these: Canon 20D, Sigma 18-200

Back
Top Bottom