Ndi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try Neptune Divers International

andrea31419 once bubbled...
So this section is for dive club posts?

A.

Neptune Divers International is a club that is being set up for the local groups of divers that have formed from the board. You notice that there are sections for several groups, of which TSDT is one. These groups formed on the board and then petitioned to become a Chapter of NDI.

It is a great source of local (and not-so-local if you happen to be traveling to a location that has a Chapter) dive buddies. At this time the only membership criteria I am aware of is that you go dive with them.

Keep an eye on your local section as they are always planning get togethers. If you don't have a local section and are interested in starting one PM me and I will give you more details or PM Ladydiver and I am sure she will do the same.

Chad

Andrea...Chad's right, it's very easy to start your own local NDI Chapter.

The Texas Swamp Diving Team was the first almost 2 years ago. At this time, we have over 100 members spread out all over the state. Our state is so big, we've sort of evolved into two sections, Northern and Southern Swampers. We have frequent get togethers between the two groups and weekly dives with the locals. We aren't very formal...no meetings dates, no dues, etc. Just a group of friends who met on the board who enjoy diving locally.

If I can answer any questions, just ask.

andrea31419 once bubbled...
Dee, do you have any Chapters in the Savannah, Ga., area? If so, we're interested in diving with the group.

Andrea

No...it doesn't work that way. I don't have chapters anywhere! I am a member of the Texas Swamp Diving Team chapter and sort of a co-leader since we're more or less in two locations. Look under the NDI locations and you'll see all the chapters. There's one in North Carolina...the NC Wreck Divers, but none in Georgia.

I believe you only need 5 members to start a new chapter but check with Chad or Ladydiver....I can't say for sure since I didn't start the TSDT from the beginning. With the group you have together, I doubt you'll have a problem! Each chapter is run just a bit different from the others as it all depends on what each group of members want.

Dee once bubbled...
...Chad's right...

I just wanted to see that again. I don't hear that very often. :D

Chad

Back
Top Bottom