NDC Online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KenMusick

Reaction score
I have been still looking to get a set of gear, and the local lds internet question has been raging inside my little noodle. However, I have visited some of the local dive shops here in the chicago area, and have found them to be a bit wanting. There is a very small selection of items that I would like to try/buy, and the help has been decent, but not any better than I could have received over the phone etc.. Plus the prices at the lds are outrageous. I want to buy the best equipment possible for my budget, Online, through scubatoys or ndconline I can buy an apeks 200/black pearl cobra computer, and a great b/c probably a ranger for 40% less than the lds. I know that I get the full warranty from larry or ndc, but my true question is has anyone ever dealt with the guys at NDC Online, they have aqualung products, which sorry larry you don't carry, at least not that I've seen. Just looking for some answers and or experiences with them.

P.S. Iknow that they are Newport Diving Center already.

Thanks,

Ken

Yea, I can't help you with the Suunto or Apeks products. They are not allowed to be sold on line - or shipped by any dealer. Not to say you may not find someone who is doing it... but as soon as word gets back to Seaquest... they'll pull the line. When there are US made alternatives like a Zeagle tech 50D or flathead VI instead of an Apeks... Then you can still work out a good package price, and get full warranty... But I know some people want a particular brand instead of something else... on name alone.

Like the Tusa computer we sell - I also sell the dive rite nitek duo... same darn thing... and apeks sells the same thing... And some folks will pay more to get the apeks name, with less warranty... and they are the exact same computer out of the same factory with different names silk screened on them....

So me... I find the features I want... not the name I want. Then see who has those features at the best value: price + service + warranty

But I know to some it is very important to have a particular name, and with those, I can only tell them unfortunately I can't help with that purchase, but if you're looking for something later... give me a shout - maybe I'll be able to do more for you then!

I was looking at diveinn (scubastore.com) out of spain just to get a feel for prices. What is it you see in a black pearl that could really be $250.00 better than an AT-50?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom