ND drysuit undergarmets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I have just bought a Northern Diver Divemaster drysuit. It is 4mm neoprene. I have been diving in 11C (50F~) water with a 7mm and am ok to do two dives a day but am pretty cold after this. It can drop to 8C (46F) on shore dives though. Now I am pretty poor after that purchase so hoping to find undergarments that are within my price range. At the moment I was thinking of wearing warm tracksuit pants with thermal stockings underneath, and a thermal shirt with a fleecy jumper. I've seen a bunch of people on the boat with that setup so thought it would be fine?

I am totally new to this though so don't really have any idea whether a. my choice of undergarments is appropriate (like it is basically just clothes I have, rather than an undergarment designed for a drysuit) or b. whether it will be warm enough for the type of diving I will do. We usually do a 30-40min dive, followed by 60min dive, for photography as the main aim so we don't move much. But with drysuits we are hoping to do the second dive as at least 90mins as it is cold ending our dive not air or deco. Also I know that the choice of undergarments will affect how buoyant the suit is, so I would like to minimise how much weight I have to wear.

If I were to buy a proper undergarment I was thinking of the Northern Diver Metalux one, but yea it was kind of a choice between buying that straight away or paying for my Rescue course so I went with the latter, but could scrounge up some more money if my current idea for undergarments is dumb. If anybody has better ideas, would love to hear them. :)

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom