NC Wreck Diving over Labor Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BILLB

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
NC Diving
I am not a tour operator. I simply reserved 12 spots for my friends because I had the money to do it with. Some now will not be able to make it. Each day is $70 so for three days it is $210. There are several places to stay and I can help you find a spot. The dive shop also maintains a bunkroom for those who are so inclined. Reservations required.

All dives are deep to 130 foot. at least a 2 hours boat ride out and the boat usually goes unless there is a hurricane. 30% Nitrox is available. This shop does not have any tanks larger than AL 100 but I can bring streel 100/120 or even doubles if I know ahead of time. Cost TBD. They do allow for O2 to be used in water but no staged decompressions. Must bring all the gas you need. No compressor on board. Usually no food, but boat is large with plenty of room for coolers and stuff.

Water is 80 to 100 foot viz at 80 to 82 F. Unbelievable diving!

Dates are Labor Day Saturday, Sunday and Monday. This is high season and I reserved these spots last December. 31 August and 1,2 Sep are the dates.

Email me if you want a spot. I will send specifics and help as much as I can.

Is the trip out of Morehead or Nags Head? Who is the trip with?

I'm not 100% certain, but I think he's going out with Olympus out of Morehead City.

Maranatha Divers! A private instructor corporation base out of Lansdale, PA. Has chartered 12 spots (50%) on the Olympus (the other boat is the Midnight Express). Mosy of this group are former students, instructors and friends. At the time we had a full boat but as we all know, plans can change. Right now we have 6 spots that have opened up.

Three days of diving on 31 August, 1,2 September 2002. All dives are out of Morehead City which is a 10 hours drive from my home base near Philly. The cost is $210 for the three days. Hotel, food and equipment is not provided. Anyone signing on will be included on any activities we may take including eating out and just having fun.

If anyone on this board would like to go please reply via email to me and leave a telephone number. We need to pay for the 12 spots by 1 July so time is limited. As I mentioned before, if tanks and gear is required, Olympus Dive center is equipped but reservations are required. Nitrox is highly recommended. I can possibly bring in some steel tanks for hire if anyone needs them (none can be found in Morehead City).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom