NC Trip Report 5/21-5/22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlskill1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Went out with Sea Quest II from Discovery Diving this weekend. We made dives on the U-352 and Spar on Saturday. Vis was 40-50'; Water Temp was around 70. Seas were 1-2 or less on Saturday. We saw 8-10 sand tiger sharks on the Spar. Amberjack, and barracuda.

Sunday, Sea Quest II went to the Schurz and Aeolus. If there is a perfect day diving this must have been the day. Seas were flat. Winds slight. Water temp was 71-ish. Vis was 60' on the Schurz and 40-50 on the Aeolus. Water was sapphire blue, dolphins were jumping, turtles and rays were sunning on the surface. I killed 4 lionfish on the Schurz. They were small, but at least they will never be big!

It was a treat to be 35 miles offshore and the ocean look like a lake. WOW! 009.jpg

Wow! That is a lot of blue. I hope our upcoming weekend in Morehead holds out just like yours did.

A month of weather like that would be nice. Have fun this weekend. I.m going to the Indy500.

Have fun at Indie, I think???? I can never understand how one would watch a car go in a circle for that long. I guess it is just something that you either like it or don't. Much like my husband cannot understand why I enjoy clog dancing. Where bluegrass, meets tap dance, meets the hollows. Have Fun!

rlskill1 - Wow, that is some calm seas. Love NC wreck diving. Thanks for posting the pic. I went to the Grand Prix in Monaco a few years ago and it was thrilling....very LOUD...but thrilling! Enjoy Indy500 and bring ear plugs!!

Desi - Safe dives on your upcoming NC trip.

Thanks Sam< I can only hope for what he had as far as the ocean goes. I will have to be extra good this week to get something like that.

I went to Indy 2 years ago. My brother has gone every year for the past 30 years or something. While racing is rather uninteresting to me, it's a chance for us to get together. But as for Indy. TV doesn't do justice to a car traveling 230+mph. They sound like a bunch of supercharged bees. And a blur when they pass by. The burning alcohol reminds me of a chemistry science lab. Oh well, I'll be back at Discovery on June 4-5 weekend for charters on Sea Quest II. Thanks for your comments!

Went out with Sea Quest II from Discovery Diving this weekend. We made dives on the U-352 and Spar on Saturday. Vis was 40-50'; Water Temp was around 70. Seas were 1-2 or less on Saturday. We saw 8-10 sand tiger sharks on the Spar. Amberjack, and barracuda.

Sunday, Sea Quest II went to the Schurz and Aeolus. If there is a perfect day diving this must have been the day. Seas were flat. Winds slight. Water temp was 71-ish. Vis was 60' on the Schurz and 40-50 on the Aeolus. Water was sapphire blue, dolphins were jumping, turtles and rays were sunning on the surface. I killed 4 lionfish on the Schurz. They were small, but at least they will never be big!

It was a treat to be 35 miles offshore and the ocean look like a lake. WOW!View attachment 95336

Wow you really did have a treat, huh? Gorgeous picture! I have my fingers crossed for this weekend!!!

Thanks for the post and the picture.

Wow you really did have a treat, huh? Gorgeous picture! I have my fingers crossed for this weekend!!!

Thanks for the post and the picture.

Thanks, Have a safe trip and dive.

Back
Top Bottom