NC interested in seceding?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaJay

Contributor
Reaction score
Some of y'all on this "section" of Scubaboard might have noticed that your surrounding "Old South" States (SC, GA, AR, AL, LA, MS, TN...) just created thier own NDI club, with much help from NetDoc (thanks!). There's been a bit of talk about whether or not to include NC, as NC is an "Old South" State, and well-known for diving. Of course I think that NC should be included in our club, but y'all already have your own NDI club location.

I guess I'm simply saying that if y'all wanna include yourselves in the Deep South Divers, then you're welcome to... But that we'll respect the notion of y'all staying separate, too.

...So consider this a formal invitation to join us so that we have one club location for the South. Or... If you'd like to continue to keep your own separate club, consider this a fresh "hello" from the new guys "down yonder." No doubt we'll be hooking up here and there - asking y'all to show us your awesome wrecks, and offering y'all our "warmer" waters (not as warm as FL, but hey, we're closer) this winter.

Hello SeaJay, I'll talk to you!

Thanks for the offer to join your group. I for one have always wanted to dive off of SC and Georgia but have just not been familiar with the diving down there and have been to busy diving all our great sites from Nags Head on down to Wilmington, NC.

I've been diving NC wrecks for years but have only just recently joined the ScubaBoard... and probabley like you, am surprised there are so few posts on the NC Wreck Diver's site. I have found many other posts regarding NC diving in other areas such as the North American threads and so on. I guess a lot of our divers may be from out of state, or other countries, and feel they may not be welcome on the "NC Site" since they do not reside in NC. In my book, if you've been diving with us off NC, your now part of a special group and always welcome to post your opinions and come back any time... we are typically a very friendly bunch out this way since we've always had such great diving to offer.

It may not look like it from the number of posts, but my guess is that most NC wreck divers are very proud (and thankful!) to have the dive sites that we do and thus would prefer to keep our "NC" site.

I know I for one will join in on your group and hopefully get to experience some of the great sites you have to offer soon too.

By the way, anyone else travelling up to Annapolis this weekend for the US Power Boat show?

Take care,
capt. mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom