Navy SEAL Open Circuit gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last edited:
and two hoses come from it that enter into both the right and the left side of the mouthpiece. Any ideas? Thanks!

The other demand valve not shown in your photo is the Aqualung Mentor. It is a modern but limited edition regulator used as a training school regulator. It is not available for public sale.

You can identify it from the photo below from the box top "Cone Can” design, as opposed to the older "Flat Can" design in your photo (that uses the older flapper valve) The cone can is a brass CZ 122 stamping, with silver soldered “horns” triple plated over a copper plated base. The design is modern but the application shallow water. The high pressure reducer shares components from the Conshelf XIV and unlike the other models mentioned, Aquamaster DA, RAM etc the mentor uses a mushroom valve in the exhaust deflector hence the cone can shape as opposed to the older flat can design that uses a duck or flap valve. Other parts are shared from the French CRABS and FROGS rebreather components.

The other regulator brand mentioned for reference is the deleted vintage Nemrod. Model Snark III Silver.

Hope it helps.

Untitled_zps9wgbkqa5.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
I went through Navy DV school in 1966 and that aquamaster is what we used. I loved them harder to inhale than exhaling. When the single hose conshelf regs. came out I tried one and never went back to the aquamasters. They were very touchy had to carry an extra around in dive bag, drop it or bump it hard and they would creap or free flow. Still have one hanging on the wall.

Some years ago I acquired the inventory of BUDS Coronado..the regulators were US Divers and Nemrods

SDM
yes I was there in 2001 iirc I have pictures of all the nemrods on racks waiting for the next buds to start ....my sf buddy was CDO at the time ......steve

See?? We donan need no steenkin backplate! Buncha woosies!
combat diver is an army designation not navy for sf personell its in keys in fla the rest of special ops use the navy course ....steve

You can find USD Aquamasters and Nemrod Snark IIIs on E-bay. Vintagedoublehose.com has parts for the Aquamaster, Nemrod went out of business in 1998, parts availability is bleak at best. As previously stated, the Aqualung Mentor was never sold to thee public, it was US Navy only.

just so you know they used double hose regulators to teach open circuit for mouthpiece protocol (seals) as they finish oc then move to the lars , that's why usd made that new double hose .It was for them ....I know this as I was there twice once as a student and once as a visitor ,and was told that by the staff ...one of which was a special forces sgt on a 2 year tdy ...............steve

SCUBA - Military collectors

I have a limited number of used US Divers and Nemrod regulators that were formally used by the USN to train BUDS at Coronado

I am willing to sell to the right Military SCUBA collector for the right price

The US divers Aquamaster are identified with a BUDS number, have their labels removed, painted black and have a pressure relief hole in the area where the label would normally be placed (Note: These regulators not the non Magnetic military regulators- they are just painted black)

The Nemrods have a BUDS number engraved on the regulator body and the civilian mouth piece strap has been removed .

All the regulators were in working order and I had used them prior to retireing them to my dive locker. I am reasonably certain they will need attention and some modern parts upgrades to be functional for safe diving

PM me if interested

SAM MILLER

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom