Navy Diver Officer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What can I expect as a Navy Diver Officer? I will be a Divemaster next summer, and I am currently majoring in Ocean Engineering. I thought that the Navy Diver program would be a good idea for me to go. However, I have found very little information about officers in the program, any information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Reed

You might want to post this Q to recruiting page on Facebook.

I knew a couple of Navy Divers that were officers. I'm not sure how you get that rating. Usually in the military you go in to OCS with a college degree and come out a generic Ensen/Officer.

In the Marines, except for pilots, officers didn't really have an MOS or much of a specialty other than being in the group that they ended up in (i.e. Infantry, Artillery, supply, etc.).

Go post on NavyDiver.org

Naval Diving Officers sign the documents the enlisted Master Diver tells them to and stays out of the way.

Keep your uniform clean and do staff meetings.... The real dive work is done by the enlisted. The only real tactical dive officers are in NSWC on the teams. Sorry that is the reality. If you are a Dive Officer you will dive some but not what you think.....

Diving Officers do more of the administrative roles such as dive planning, safety planning, and chamber operations (with the help of the DMTs) They do dive but not near as much as the enlisted 1st and 2nd class divers do. If you really want to know what to expect you need to speak with a Navy Officer recruiter and get the info. Oh and another thing, once you are in the Navy you don't know how to dive until they teach you how to dive and going the officer route as a diver is no picnic. Better do a gut check before you sign up for that abuse. Good luck

HMC(SW/AW/FMF) Ret.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom