Navy Dive Tender (YDT - 14)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algulfdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
This Wreck is one of the two YDT Navy Dive Tenders off of Pensacola, Fl.
We go to this one at least once every two weeks. This dive (15 May 05)we had about 80 foot vis. The average vis is at least 60 foot. GREAT DIVE. Anyone interested in doing this one or others with us can call 251..968.4279

Great pics, I've yet to see a Goliath Grouper on any of my dives. One of these days I'll have to take a little boat trip with you guys.

Looks awsume!! I am in a club here in the Houston, TX area, we are planning on taking some kind of a trip to that area in the fall and are very interested in finding some current information or advice on the area as far as charter operators and shops to get air fills. Also, we are curious about hotels in the area, what kind of availbliity is there now since the storms last year? Any advice on the best operators and places to stay would be great from someone in that area.

Down Under Dive Shop is located in Gulf Shores and Gary's Gulf Diver is located in Orange Beach. A bit further north is UnderWater Works in Daphne, AL. I usually dive with UWW, not because I've had bad experiences with either of the other places, but because its where I got certified and I've never had a bad trip with them.

There are hotels open along the Gulf and you'll find hotels in Foley(just north of Gulf Shores), Daphne, Mobile, and Pensacola(FL). Definately call in advance for reservations. I had to book over a month in advanced for a room down here not long ago.

Back
Top Bottom