Navigation Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blacknet once bubbled...
Hello,

Actually I will be making one myself. The company told me they use 1/8" material that's 'glued' together (very basic laymans terms here) and some places it's up to 8" thick.

Ed

Have you tackled this project yet?

Ron Brandt once bubbled...
I have toyed with building one those things for years and could have bought one for $30 once.

Would one of those liquid filled car compasses like found in the automotive department at Wal-Mart work ? I am talking the really big one here.

Ron

That would have been a bargain. The car compass might be worth a try if it is cheap enough. I would like to have the depth guage and timer. I need big. Seems all the digital watches have small displays and the cheaper ones tell you not to use the buttons underwater. I have a wrist compass I am going to attach to a piece of plywood or plastic and start playing with this.

WVMike once bubbled...

I would like to have the depth guage and timer. I need big. Seems all the digital watches have small displays and the cheaper ones tell you not to use the buttons underwater. I

Try looking on Ebay for an old Scuba PRO,Dacor or USD bottom timer and depth guage.Wrist mounts.Some of these old ones had at least a 2" dial with big numbers.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom