Navarre Beach Snorkel Reef Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geogator

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going to be visiting the area this weekend and am planning to check out the snorkel reef on Sunday but I have a few questions. The forecast right now for Sunday (6/19) is for winds out of the E/NE 15-20mph preceded by lighter winds out of the NW and N on Saturday. The seas offshore however, (according to Windfinder.com) are projected to run up to 5 feet. Is it safe to assume that the offshore winds will flatten out the surf and make for smoother diving/snorkeling conditions and better viz or does an offshore swell in this area still make for a rough time getting out to the reef regardless of the wind direction? It will be myself (rescue cert) and teenage son (OW cert) scuba diving while my wife and teenage daughter will be snorkeling. My wife is an experienced snorkeler while my daughter has moderate experience. I've already downloaded the brochure for the Navarre Beach Marine Sanctuary and searched for other info on the web, but any recent dive or snorkeling reports along with other useful tips would be greatly appreciated. My wife and I have visited Navarre Beach before but it was nearly 20 years ago when we lived in Panama City and this is the kids' first visit. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom