Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquabluegreg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Dive Buddies,

We have been in conversations with the team at Nautilus Fleet and are pleased to report they are sensitive to the concerns about the increases to the Mexican Marine Park Fees at both Socorros and Guadalupe. To offset these fees that none of the liveaboards can control, Nautilus is implementing two things:

1) The Port fees will be reduced from $65 USD to $40 USD

2) The Park fees are $75 per person per day for every day in the Park. On an 8-night trip this would be 5 dive days. So 5 x $75 = $375 USD. Nautilus will issue a credit in the same amount that can be used for onboard for nitrox, wifi, bar, gift shop, rentals, or courses. This credit can also be used for any service, day trips, courses, or workshops at SeeCreatures in Cabo and Baja Expeditions in La Paz.

We all realize that this is not a perfect solution but net cost to guests should be zero. I will retain my charter on the Nautilus Belle Amie for "Christmas with the Sharks and Mantas" with dates from December 23-31, 2021. I will be offering some additional compensation to keep the trips on the Socorro ships as desireable and as great an experience as they have been in the past. I encourage you to consider our December 2021 trip posted in this forum and on our website. We have a mix of cabins still available.

Liquid Diving Adventures | Nautilus Belle Amie - Socorro Islands - December 23-31, 2021

Hello Dive Buddies,

We have been in conversations with the team at Nautilus Fleet and are pleased to report they are sensitive to the concerns about the increases to the Mexican Marine Park Fees at both Socorros and Guadalupe. To offset these fees that none of the liveaboards can control, Nautilus is implementing two things:

1) The Port fees will be reduced from $65 USD to $40 USD

2) The Park fees are $75 per person per day for every day in the Park. On an 8-night trip this would be 5 dive days. So 5 x $75 = $375 USD. Nautilus will issue a credit in the same amount that can be used for onboard for nitrox, wifi, bar, gift shop, rentals, or courses. This credit can also be used for any service, day trips, courses, or workshops at SeeCreatures in Cabo and Baja Expeditions in La Paz.

We all realize that this is not a perfect solution but net cost to guests should be zero. I will retain my charter on the Nautilus Belle Amie for "Christmas with the Sharks and Mantas" with dates from December 23-31, 2021. I will be offering some additional compensation to keep the trips on the Socorro ships as desireable and as great an experience as they have been in the past. I encourage you to consider our December 2021 trip posted in this forum and on our website. We have a mix of cabins still available.

Liquid Diving Adventures | Nautilus Belle Amie - Socorro Islands - December 23-31, 2021
I received an email from Nautilus confirming this policy. I think pretty highly of it.:). I used services at See Creatures, used nitrox, paid for the good internet service, and certainly, partook of the very good bar selection :wink:

...As for the park fees, the new fees were confirmed in the Mexican senate at the end of last week.
We didn’t want to announce until we were really sure that the park fees were being raised. We have been fighting this and have launched several lawsuits against the government of Mexico.
Unfortunately there is nothing we could do to avoid the increase.

Our plan to mitigate this is two-fold with the very clear objective of trying not to cause any pain or stress for our guests. The below will apply to liveaboard trips, with dive days on or after January 1, 2021.

Yes, the new park fees are $75usd per person per day for every dive day in the park - typically 5 dive days on an 8 night trip which totals $375.
Guests are required to pay this amount per the laws of Mexico. HOWEVER, we will issue a credit in the same amount that can be used for onboard purchases, such as nitrox, WiFi, bar, gift shop, and rentals. This credit can also be used for any service, day trips, courses or workshops at See Creatures in Cabo and with Baja Expeditions in La Paz.

We are also lowering the mandatory port fees from $65 to $40 per person per trip.

We know that it’s not a perfect solution. But the net costs for our guests should be zero....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom