Nauticam WWL-C replacement rubber collar with lanyard loops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davehicks

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The rubber grip collar on my WWL-C fell off after a recent dive. The soft rubber probably got cut by a rock while taking a photo at a low angle.

I made a replacement rubber collar on my 3D-Printer using TPU rubber filament. This material is tougher than the original rubber, and I added a couple of Loops to the design on each side to enable the addition of a lanyard. As you much often remove the WWL underwater to release bubbles, a lanyard is a good idea to avoid dropping it. (loss/damage)

I don't know how common this problem of cutting the collar is, but the lanyard loops make it a useful enhancement regardless. I used fishing line and a spring clip to attach the port to the housing.

Cosmetically, my design looks identical to the original. I printed in black, but one could make this in any festive color of your choice.

The design is freely available at: Nauticam WWL-C collar replacement with loops by awkward_swine

WWL-C Collar with Loops.jpg

WWL-C Collar with Loop.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom