Nauticam vs "Aquatica" housing reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the company is US based (former Nauticam engineers is my understanding, but not confirmed), but manufactured in China for sure. They are certainly pushing into the Asian market more than the US market.
We are in the same position though, what makes Marelux better then a Nauticam or Aquatica? Something like, that button that you always have to hit is positioned better on X housing.

Would Nauticam ports and other accessories work with Marelux housings???? What wouldn't work?

There is a nauticam to marelux port adapter, but I'm only using a flat port with a WWL, so I have no experience with it. The port opening on the Marelux is HUGE (no need to mount lenses after putting the camera in the housing, everything will fit though), so direct fitting of any other ports won't work.

The bayonet mount for the WWL fits with no problems. I was told by Bluewater Photo that I would need the older screw on type, because the bayonet wouldn't work. That turned out to not be true at all.

The interesting thing with Marelux currently is they are being pretty innovative in other areas, lighting in particular. Housings are housings, as long as everything works. I've had issues with Aquatica triggers, and the deep springs are no fun when shallow. The only slight pain for the a7iv housing is the camera/video/S&Q selector. It's a wheel under a wheel, so the housing engineering is a little complicated and can be easy to get wrong during set up. I'm interested to see how Nauticam did it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom