Nauticam viewfinder on Hugyfot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usub

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I'm looking to add an external viewfinder to my Hugyfot D7000 housing.
The inon is the one offered by hugyfot, but Nauticam's should be better, after what I read. (but also 50% more expensive)

Does anyone know if the Nauticam can be mounted on a Hugyfot housing ?

And perhaps someone have tryed both the inon and the nauticam and can tell if the nauticam is worth the extra expense.

Nauticam does not list an adapter for Hugyfot, that does not mean that they don't make one and I would send them an E-mail.

I have owned both the Inon and Nauticam 45 degree finders which I like better than the more expensive 180 degree offering. While I think that the Nauticam is the better of the two you won' t be disappointed at all with the Inon model which I used for years.

The Nauticam is a bit faster to remove and replace not requiring a tool and has the ability to change the setting +/- of the diopter, it is also a bit larger and heavier than the Inon.

Phil Rudin

Hi Phil, thanks for info.

Do you think there are any differnece between the two, with respect to how accurate an angle one have to look through the viewfinder to get a good view of the framing ?
I'm farsighted, so I have to use diopter adjustment. I don't think the Inon have a diopter adjustment like Nauticam. But how nessesary is that adjustment, I guess you can adjust it as well on the camera ?

Ulrik

I you have the correct adjustment set on the camera then that is what you will see in the veiwfinder. On your crop sensor camera both viewfinders will allow you to get a full view of the information in the viewfinder.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom