Nauticam housing for LX-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rusti999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm wondering about this housing, available at reefphoto. What kind of improvements does this housing offer over the 10bar housing? I've read that it doesn't have the rear dial problem that the 10bar housing has. Any other differences? I'm trying to see whether it is worth the $250 premium over the 10bar housing. Also, does anybody know whether the Nauticam housing works well with the UWL-04?

Thanks in advance.

Well I just ordered one so hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to answer.. I'll be trying ti with a UWL-100 wide angle lens I already own.

KLW

I'm wondering about this housing, available at reefphoto. What kind of improvements does this housing offer over the 10bar housing? I've read that it doesn't have the rear dial problem that the 10bar housing has. Any other differences? I'm trying to see whether it is worth the $250 premium over the 10bar housing. Also, does anybody know whether the Nauticam housing works well with the UWL-04?

Thanks in advance.

Talked to the Reef Photo folks today at Beneath the Sea regarding this housing. They said it doesn't work well with UWL-04, but UWL-H100 should work. They also showed some kind of converter (don't remember the details) that can enable 84 degrees field of view.

I passed from 10Bar Housing for my Lx5 to the Nauticam Housing.
The Nauticam housing arrived to me just today.
The first impression is FANTASTIC.
All the commands are perfect and easy to manage.
I will be able to use it the next week under water :)
I try to attach some pictures of the housing.
Scipionems

Attachments

• P1000025.JPG
    P1000025.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 210
  • P1000027.JPG
    P1000027.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 184
  • P1000029.JPG
    P1000029.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 181
  • P1000031.JPG
    P1000031.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 186
I am back from the Underwater Digital Fiesta, sponsored by MexicanDiver.com magazine in Cozumel where I was albe to get in one dive with a Prototype Nauticam housing for the LX-5 camera. I had the system setup with a single Inon S-2000 strobe and had the students shooting in manual mode and S-TTL. The camera and housing system fast became the most popular with the newer photographers due to its small size and ease of use. My prototype housing came with a plastic port rather than the optical glass port it will ship with. I also found the system quite easy to use and quite compact.

I had the Nauticam housing for the Sony NEX-5 and the Olympus housing for the E-PL2 with me as well. I was able to pack all three housings, five strobes, multi-ports for all the housings and several other items into my carry-on bag which I normally use to travel with one DSLR system. All camera bodies, lenses and an assortment of other items fit into a second under the seat type bag along with my laptop and batteries. The only thing checked was dive gear and strobe arms and trays.

Some Images from my dive with the single strobe system.

Phil Rudin

Attachments

• P1010367.jpg
    P1010367.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 176
  • P1010386.jpg
    P1010386.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 166
  • P1010398.jpg
    P1010398.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 169
  • P1010401.jpg
    P1010401.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 164
Hi surf4life,
Unfortunately the adapter for the Inon UWL-100HD is not available yet.
Probably it will be in june (perhaps).
For the moment I will use it with the standard dome and/or with my Inon UCL 165 Macro lens M67.
It fit onto the standard dome perfectly.

Hi Phil Rudin,
I agree with you, this housing is very well developed, it is solid, quite enough small and all the commands are usable and easy to manage.
For the problem of the weight on the charter air company in Red Sea, I had to leave at home my Olympus E520 with PT-E05 housing, and I'll take with me only the Nauticam and the 10Bar housing for my Panasonic Lx5.
I hope to do some decent pictures the next week in Sudan on M/y Suzanna.
Scipionems

We are now shipping a "Wet mount dome converter" for use with the LX-5 housing. It has the normal 67mm thread for directly mounting onto the housing, and restores the 24mm Angle Of View of the camera lens.

A picture of the converter and the housing:

p_image_116_9-X2.jpg

For more pictures taken with the housing please visit our Housing Test Gallery:

NA-LX5 test @ Cebu Feb-2011 - Nauticam Photo Gallery's Photos

Thank you.

O.K., O.K.!!! Packing my rig just now for final test dive of the GH-2 housing. Will be heading for Moalboal tomorrow. We will have a dedicated port for the 7-14mm zoom, hopefully to achieve better corner shapeness.

Edward

Back
Top Bottom