NAUI since 1989 needs new card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you don't want to call them up to clarify what the issue is and get it straightened out but you still complain? I suppose it is a hobby for you. You want them to fix an issue with their system but you don't want to tell them that there is an issue?
I am sure they know what the issue is. Maybe 20 years ago or so they, like everybody else, ordered someone to build their web site. They also asked for a search option to be built in. Maybe whoever wrote the specs for their website had hopes they will digitalize their paper files someday, but they never did. Or maybe they went digital at some point but never digitalized the older files, etc. I am also sure that if I give them a call whoever picks up the phone will be kind enough to walk down the isle and find the right drawer or a cardboard box with my file, but there is no urgency for me at the moment.. And I am writing this not to "complain" as you implied repeatedly, but only to warn the folks here that their fancy web site is nothing but a Potemkin village, and, of note to you personally, this has nothing to do with truck fires.

I am sure they know what the issue is. Maybe 20 years ago or so they, like everybody else, ordered someone to build their web site. They also asked for a search option to be built in. Maybe whoever wrote the specs for their website had hopes they will digitalize their paper files someday, but they never did. Or maybe they went digital at some point but never digitalized the older files, etc. I am also sure that if I give them a call whoever picks up the phone will be kind enough to walk down the isle and find the right drawer or a cardboard box with my file, but there is no urgency for me at the moment.. And I am writing this not to "complain" as you implied repeatedly, but only to warn the folks here that their fancy web site is nothing but a Potemkin village, and, of note to you personally, this has nothing to do with truck fires.

Do you want the issue to be fixed for YOU? I can do that for you, just send me a PM with your information including a photo of your card if you have it and your instructor's name and number please.

NAUI had an electronic system that was most terrible and the person (or kid) who made it for them didn't give them access to certain parts of the system. The information was scattered all over in many databases. NAUI has since moved to a more professional system that is working properly and has lots of tools and information. This system, NAUI CORE, came online few years ago. There may have been some records that fell through the cracks since the migration from the old system to the new system was manual in the most part and it took a very long time.

Again, I will do my best to fix it for you, just send me the information in a PM please.

Do you want the issue to be fixed for YOU? I can do that for you, just send me a PM with your information including a photo of your card if you have it and your instructor's name and number please.

NAUI had an electronic system that was most terrible and the person (or kid) who made it for them didn't give them access to certain parts of the system. The information was scattered all over in many databases. NAUI has since moved to a more professional system that is working properly and has lots of tools and information. This system, NAUI CORE, came online few years ago. There may have been some records that fell through the cracks since the migration from the old system to the new system was manual in the most part and it took a very long time.

Again, I will do my best to fix it for you, just send me the information in a PM please.
Thank you, but like I said, no urgency for me at the moment, so I do not want to waste your time.

Thank you, but like I said, no urgency for me at the moment, so I do not want to waste your time.

No waste of time, I just want to fix your records and get you into the new system. No waste at all, it will be my pleasure.

Email NAUI HQ: nauihq@naui.org.
Send ALL the info you have, did this for a diver I trained in 1992, he said it could not be found, another check here:
Verify Certification | NAUI Worldwide. Dive Safety Through Education found him.
Is Pete Kelly still around and do you know his Instructor #?

I just tried this and it worked. Several years ago I tried to locate my certs on the NAUI site. They weren't all there. Come to find out, some of my certs had my middle initial on them and some did not. Evidently, the search engine at NAUI is very specific when it comes to looking up your name. I contacted NAUI and the matter was resolved very quickly.

NAUI better watch out.. that Potemkin village could go up like a tinderbox if all these burning trucks park too close to the building.

I just got back into diving last year. Was certified in 94. Could not find myself on their website but called HQ and they were able to find me finally. Turns out when I was either originally certed or when they put my record in the computer no one put my birthdate in the system so you couldn't find me. She was able to find me in about 10 minutes despite the fact I didn't have the exact date and had no idea of the instructor name it was a hassle but 15-30 minutes Hassel on my part and they busted their rear to fix it

they busted their rear to fix it

That has been my experience with NAUI HQ customer service people too. You take the initiative to get in touch with them and inform them about the issue and they will work very hard to take care of it and resolve it. They can't help you if you don't make the call. If you think that it isn't worth your time to let them know of your issue, then the issue probably isn't something to complain about.

NAUI replied to my inquire within hours, they do try hard to fix things. [unlike another 'Mob' that ran me around in circles before it was fixed, [ "No names, no court-martial"].

Hi Pressurehead

What is "NAUI CORE"? I looked around the NAUI website and could not find much information about it apart from its access appears to be restricted to NAUI members and it is where student photos are stored. Can you offer any additional information about this service?
And with NAUI Core you can "Verify Dive Professional" if you know their Instructor number or name [number is better than name I have found], even my ugly mug comes up, which is enough to 'crash the site'.:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom