NAUI since 1989 needs new card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The NAUI search there is clearly broken. I can't find myself. I CAN login to the same naui site and pull up all my naui certifications... Someone who is a NAUI instructor should probably report the broken search tool.
Done.
Sign In | NAUI CORE

Well, I got my Nitrox certification from NAUI in 2002. How many truck fires did they have? Just one or they have them like, every 10 years?

A few years back, NAUI could not locate my Nitrox certification records, from the nineties; contacting the instructor, I told them, after their suggestion, would have, sadly, involved a seance -- though, they took pity upon me and put me through a written test, during the course of an afternoon, and FEDEX-ed a new card within a day or so, for a nominal fee.

So, according to NAUI, I became a newly-minted EAN diver as of 2018 -- eh, a few decades off, between friends. I could hardly wait to try the stuff.

They did come through at the eleventh hour; but how do they maintain their records? Fragmentary cuneiform tablets? Thermal fax paper from the late 1980s, exposed to the afternoon sun?

Well, I got my Nitrox certification from NAUI in 2002. How many truck fires did they have? Just one or they have them like, every 10 years?

Did you contact NAUI HQ in person or contact your instructor? Or, you just like to complain?

As it is obvious from several other here and elsewhere, they will make every effort to locate your records and will do the right thing, you just have to make the effort to call them and explain what you need.

Hi Pressurehead

What is "NAUI CORE"? I looked around the NAUI website and could not find much information about it apart from its access appears to be restricted to NAUI members and it is where student photos are stored. Can you offer any additional information about this service?

Hi Pressurehead

What is "NAUI CORE"? I looked around the NAUI website and could not find much information about it apart from its access appears to be restricted to NAUI members and it is where student photos are stored. Can you offer any additional information about this service?

It is NAUI's app. for NAUI members and students portal for access to NAUI's resources including eLearning and other tools per access rights. Anyone can start an account in core AFAIK. You can try some of NAUI's eLearning programs for free.

It is NAUI's app. for NAUI members and students portal for access to NAUI's resources including eLearning and other tools per access rights. Anyone can start an account in core AFAIK. You can try some of NAUI's eLearning programs for free.
Hi BoltSnap,

Thanks for the information. I just took the plunge and created an account in about two minutes without any issues. In addition to seeing both of my NAUI certifications, there is free access to e-learning amongst other things.

Don't take it personally, LOTS of records were burned in a fire truck when NAUI was moving its headquarters office from CA to FL.

I dont, I just find it funny. I have enough certs post-NAUI that will let me in just about any body of water. :)

Did you contact NAUI HQ in person or contact your instructor? Or, you just like to complain?

As it is obvious from several other here and elsewhere, they will make every effort to locate your records and will do the right thing, you just have to make the effort to call them and explain what you need.

Nah, I just hate to do the effort. I also like it when things work as advertised. If NAUI's website says "find yourself" I should be able to find myself, period. Or, if their search does not work, they should stop fooling people and remove this search option from their website.

I am well aware of this problem since 2018, when a dive shop in Hawaii decided to verify my C-card and they were not able to find any records of me searching NAUI database. So nothing had changed in 3 years. You kept coming up with some ridiculous dog-ate-my-homework style excuses for the agency, and once I made it clear that my personal records could not have been destroyed in 1987, you changed your tactics. Now, I have to "contact NAUI HQ in person". Thank you, Captain.

Nah, I just hate to do the effort. I also like it when things work as advertised. If NAUI's website says "find yourself" I should be able to find myself, period. Or, if their search does not work, they should stop fooling people and remove this search option from their website.

I am well aware of this problem since 2018, when a dive shop in Hawaii decided to verify my C-card and they were not able to find any records of me searching NAUI database. So nothing had changed in 3 years. You kept coming up with some ridiculous dog-ate-my-homework style excuses for the agency, and once I made it clear that my personal records could not have been destroyed in 1987, you changed your tactics. Now, I have to "contact NAUI HQ in person". Thank you, Captain.

So you don't want to call them up to clarify what the issue is and get it straightened out but you still complain? I suppose it is a hobby for you. You want them to fix an issue with their system but you don't want to tell them that there is an issue?

You kept coming up with some ridiculous dog-ate-my-homework style excuses for the agency,

I wasn't making excuses for the agency at all, I wanted it to be corrected and that you are taken care of and fix whatever issue it was for YOU. I am one of the people that is pressing NAUI always to improve and to stay ahead of everyone else.

If you want, you can send me a PM with your information and I'll follow up with NAUI HQ and do my best to solve whatever issue there is with their and your records.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom