NAUI Divers in the UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dennisg

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm interested in starting a social club for NAUI qualified divers in the United Kingdom. If there are any NAUI divers out there who'd be interested in recieving email newsletters, getting together once a month, joining social dive trips, or doing dive courses to the Red Sea/Maldives etc, - please drop me an email at: dennis@dgainternational.co.uk

regards

Dennis Guichard
NAUI Instructor Trainer # 17044

dennisg:
I'm interested in starting a social club for NAUI qualified divers in the United Kingdom. If there are any NAUI divers out there who'd be interested in recieving email newsletters, getting together once a month, joining social dive trips, or doing dive courses to the Red Sea/Maldives etc, - please drop me an email at: dennis@dgainternational.co.uk

regards

Dennis Guichard

I live in Manchester and the only NAUI training agency I know of is Go-Scuba in Didsbury. Send Mike an email at goscuba@hotmail.com and see if he can help.

Thanks Mitzi, you're a star, and welcome to the Scuba Board.

Further to your comments, there's also Fat Sams Dive School in Glasgow (www.fatsamsdiveshop.info), and Atmosphere Diving (www.atmospherediving.com) down near Gatwick that are NAUI facilities in the UK. I also know that the bulk of South African and Auzzie trained divers living around London are NAUI qualified, and there's a few Divemasters and Instructors floating around on the quiet that don't belong to any shop set-up.

The UK market is very tightly sewn up with PADI and BSAC dive centres and social clubs, and no one just seems to offer any non-commercial social structure / training / trips away etc for NAUI divers who want to remain within their own training philosophy. I find trying to join and dive with these other dive groups very difficult due to club and affiliation politics, which is really just not needed. Personally I'm just looking to keep in contact with like-minded divers, network socially, make a whole bunch of new mates, and perhaps teach some quality dive courses to anyone who might want to further their own training and development.

I'm frequently out to the Red Sea, which I've dived from top (Aqaba, Jordan) to bottom (Wadi Gamal, southern Egypt) over the last 7 years or so, and I'm off back to the Maldives in June again to explore the South Male Atoll during its manta season. It'd be great to do some trips with a big bunch of NAUI divers, and am happy for any to join my wife and I on any of our trips abroad. I frequently run private dive courses when I'm away (Advanced, Nitrox, etc) and would be happy to offer these if I can get a bunch of keen divers together.

I've also compiled a comprehensive CD-Rom on advanced diving physiology and dive safety (amongst much) which I distribute free to a circle of friends and Instructors worldwide as it gets updated periodically. Drop me an email if you'd like a copy...

Thanks for the response.

kind regards

Dennis

Mitzi, hey I see your birthday's just 2 days after mine! yeeehhhaaarrr, Gemini's rule!!

regards
Dennis

Mitzi,

It's hard to count! (Chuckle) Fortunately she's as nutty as a fruit cake herself so we make a right pair. Certainly never a dull moment in our house!

regards
Dennis, Adam, Simon, Tom, Kevin, Sean, Derek, Dean, George, Mike, Howard, Mark, Ian, Barry, Constable Smith... :)

dennisg:

regards

Dennis Guichard

Hi,
I am an jnr open water NAUI scuba diver, and i have not recived my licence and i was wondering if you knew of any way i could get hold of NAUI themselves, also could you tell me if you know of any NAUI schools or branches in the UK.
Many thanks
hollatay.

Hi Hollatay,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Scubaboard. You can contact NAUI Headquarters in America by checking their website at www.naui.org - if you wish to email them then I can suggest that you go to their section of the site called 'Contact NAUI' and they will guide you to whoever it is you would need to speak to directly for whatever concern or enquiry you might have. If you have completed a course and you have not received your C-card for some reason, I'd suggest you discuss this directly with your Instructor to establish why, and if you're not happy with this then simply email training@nauiww.org to state your concerns.

There are a few NAUI dive schools in the United Kingdom, if you have a look further back up this thread you'll find another message by me where I've provided the webpage links for 2 of those dive schools. These are for Fat Sams dive school in Glasgow, Atmosphere Diving down near Gatwick, and there's another that Mitzi mentions: Go Scuba near Manchester.

I hope that this helps...

regards
Dennis

<a href="http://www.uniqminds.com">MMS PUSH</a>

Hello All,

I was a Qualified Naui Instructor - (Who has not Instucted for 3 years), qualified in South Africa in 1999, and would like to know where my Fiance could do an Open Water 1 training course in London or the south west.

We live in Surrey but London or Surrey would be fine for her to do her training.

We are going to Zanzibar in March for out Honeymoon and would love to be able to get her qualified before then.

Hope someone can help

Thanks in Advance.

Zippy2004

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom