Nassau trip advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dragon2115

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I are looking to make a short trip to Nassau to do a couple of days diving. We're thinking of staying at the Towne Hotel and diving with Stuart's Cove. Our basic criteria is to keep the expenses down on the lodging and transportation so we have more to spend on food and diving. It looks like this hotel is within walking distance of a good variety of restaurants which would be perfect.

So the question is, does anybody have any experiences with either the Towne Hotel and/or Stuart's Cove dive center or have any other suggestions for us to consider?

[Added] Planned travel is between mid February and the first week of March.

You pretty much don't have many choices left for dive operators there.

Stuart Coves is about the only one that hasn't folded up over the
past year or so....

As for hotels, wherever you stay, Stuart Coves will come pick you
up and drop you off, so that will help some in it not depending
on where you stay. Some people who want cheap accomadations
get a package with Stuart Cove at the Orangeburg or Orange Hill Inn.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in downtown...not a bad place..clean and cheap. and did dive with SC all week...they were great..would pick us up and drop us off at the end of the day. all the people at SC were very helpful....polite...funny and we had a great time. a must do is the shark feed...awesome.

My son and I are going down in mid February. Nassau was the only place I could get to for a decent price. Diving sounds fun (he's a newbie and I've away for a long time). Question, is there much to do when not diving? I was at Paradis Island this summer (too hot) and I didn't see much to do other than the beach and drinking. It was a work trip and we spent most the time with host so didn't really get to see the island.

Also, what temp will the water be? I don't mind diving in a 3mm but a full 7mm takes the fun out for me.

We loved Stuart Cove's! They have a lot of cool wrecks to dive (18 I believe) as well as the reefs. Some of the reefs are kind of crappy because of unskilled divers beating the heck out of them but there are also some really nice reefs there.

We enjoyed learning the bus system and exploring different hotels as well as the shops/straw markets. It's also a cheap way to "tour" the island.
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom