Nassau Dive Operator Advice Please???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just returned from a 5-day family vacation to Paradise Island. Stayed at the Comfort Suites next to the Atlantis. Did 3 dives with Bahama Divers. Very satisfied. The morning 2-tank shallow trip took us to Trinity Caves (40') and Lighthouse Reef (20-25'). 2 divers, 8 snorkelers. Stayed underwater for 40 minutes on each dive. Not much marine life - some lionfish! Many sting rays.The next afternoon went to Cannonball Reef off Rose Island. 12 divers, 6 snorkelers. Maximum depth 25. No rush. Me and my buddy were first in the water and did 55 minutes! Terrific conditions. Better than the other 2. More marine life, beautiful reef. I had fun doing LONG shallow dives. Staff was terrific. Since their boats are older, the tanks are stored in the middle of the boat. When you arrive you attach your regulator and BC to a tank in the storage area. When you get to the dive site, you sit on the edge of the boat and they bring your rig to you. After gearing up, they help you stand up and you do a giant stride entry. At the end of the dive you take off your rig in the water (good skills review), and they take it from you and rig to another tank for the 2nd dive. I heard many good things about Stuart Cove's operation, but did not want to spend an hour each way in traffic from Paradise Island. I would recommend Bahama Divers to people staying on PI or nearby, unless you want to see more / feed sharks.

Thanks for the report--I've always been with SC but we stay at Orange Hill which is on the west side of the island. I've read some not-so complimentary reviews of both places, so I'm glad to hear they're OK if I ever stay on PI.

Skier-Diver - We just got back from SC off of a cruise ship - They will pick you up by bus down by the fountian and then bring you back after the dive. Since we arrived at 10 and left the next morning we did a 2 - tank afternoon dive (wall and then sharks). We had 13 divers with four crew members (DM, 2 photographers, and another staff member). The DM did an excellent job and our overall experience was very good.

yes they do. I was there in Feb and we did drop offs at the cruise lines

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom