Nassau cruise port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyLitigator

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be headed to Nassau on a cruise (Disney) next year. They offer an excursion with Stuart's Cove, which I did last year (it was ok). Any suggestions for a dive operator closer to the cruise port where I could try to get a private-ish dive? Since Stuart's Cove is 45 min from the cruise port, figure I could safely manage a dive nearer the port without missing my ship.

Remember, if the official excursions are late getting back to the boat, they will wait for you... if you go on your own and are late, you miss the boat.

Same question here. I have been successful to avoid cruises my entire life, however, it looks like I got roped in for one next year. Looking at the itinerary ithe ship will get to the port at 9. Wtf? Anyhow, it would be too late for Stuart cove. Is there any other operator closer, who can do private/semi private or flexible schedule?
I am completely ignorant when it comes to cruises. What should I expect for how long it will take me to get off and get back on the ship?

Same question here. I have been successful to avoid cruises my entire life, however, it looks like I got roped in for one next year. Looking at the itinerary ithe ship will get to the port at 9. Wtf? Anyhow, it would be too late for Stuart cove. Is there any other operator closer, who can do private/semi private or flexible schedule?
I am completely ignorant when it comes to cruises. What should I expect for how long it will take me to get off and get back on the ship?
I looked last summer and the only other operator was Shannen's Scuba Safari. They are a private charter near the cruise port and were charging $2200 for 6 divers. I haven't checked in a year but I doubt anything has changed. Blue Adventures Excursions at the Atlantis Resort lists diving on their website, but they use Stuart Cove's.

@BabyLitigator I would take the official shore excursion. It might be a little more expensive than booking directly with Stuart Cove's, but the transportation will be included and if anything happens you won't get left behind.

Unfortunately since Stuart Cove's moved to the far side of the island, it's gotten harder to dive with them. It looks like it's a 30 minute drive (factoring in traffic). On their website it used to say if your cruise ship didn't arrive by 7a you couldn't dive in the morning with them. 9a is definitely too late to make their morning dive. Depending on when you leave, you might be able to make an afternoon dive. For those that haven't cruised before, the all aboard time is 30 minutes earlier than the departure time listed on your itinerary.

You should expect that you won't actually get off the ship and ready to get into a taxi for 45-60 minutes after the ship arrival time. The ship has to dock, clear customs, then everyone get off the ship. Sometimes it goes smoothly, but sometimes not. You might get off sooner but I wouldn't plan on it.

I looked last summer and the only other operator was Shannen's Scuba Safari. They are a private charter near the cruise port and were charging $2200 for 6 divers. I haven't checked in a year but I doubt anything has changed. Blue Adventures Excursions at the Atlantis Resort lists diving on their website, but they use Stuart Cove's.

@BabyLitigator I would take the official shore excursion. It might be a little more expensive than booking directly with Stuart Cove's, but the transportation will be included and if anything happens you won't get left behind.

Unfortunately since Stuart Cove's moved to the far side of the island, it's gotten harder to dive with them. It looks like it's a 30 minute drive (factoring in traffic). On their website it used to say if your cruise ship didn't arrive by 7a you couldn't dive in the morning with them. 9a is definitely too late to make their morning dive. Depending on when you leave, you might be able to make an afternoon dive. For those that haven't cruised before, the all aboard time is 30 minutes earlier than the departure time listed on your itinerary.

You should expect that you won't actually get off the ship and ready to get into a taxi for 45-60 minutes after the ship arrival time. The ship has to dock, clear customs, then everyone get off the ship. Sometimes it goes smoothly, but sometimes not. You might get off sooner but I wouldn't plan on it.
There is an afternoon dive as well. When I did the cruise last year we did the two-tank afternoon dive, so getting in at 9 is fine. Still saw some sharks. My hope for the next cruise was to be able to mix it up, but it looks like that's going to be a no. Oh well. None of the other Port Adventures look interesting (007 walking tour of Nassau was the closest) - back to Stuart's Cove it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom