NASE Worldwide Adds 42 New Facilities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NASEHQ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
NASE Worldwide has added 42 new dive centers across the country so far this year as its message resonates with proactive dive retailers.

“By joining with NASE this year I saved enough money to buy a 85 foot flag pole to attract clients to my dive center…by all rights, I should be flying a NASE flag because they are the ones who paid for it!” Robert Bunkley, owner Atlantic Pro Divers.

Relatively unknown a few years ago, the organization has been reinvented since being acquired by the CDA Training Group in 2010.

“Retailers are choosing to do business with us because they are seeking to differentiation from the ordinary…saving money, creating better divers and having fun is the result”

NASE Worldwide was the first to offer a 100% digital training solution with its “Learn Green Dive Blue” initiative. Retailers found this to be a great way to eliminate inventory and have on demand access to all of NASE’s digital student materials.

Launched last year, the “Free & Unlimited” program is really what sets this organization apart from every other certification agency. Member facilities get free and unlimited digital student training materials for an extremely low monthly fee.

“We joined NASE at the beginning of last year, but also kept our original certification agency as we weren’t sure how NASE would fit into our shop. We are committed to offering NASE training exclusively in 2015” says S. Nasseri, owner Scuba Now

Just a few of our successful business partners

• Atlantic Pro Divers
  • Scuba Now
  • Dive Pros
  • Patrick’s Dive Center
  • Ranger Ricks
  • Discover Diving
  • Ashville Scuba
  • Dive Tech & Sports
  • Sunset Dive Shop
  • YOUR DIVE CENTER?

Forward thinking retailers who want to learn more and save thousands need to contact us today or visit us at the DEMA show, booth 619.

NASE Worldwide has added 42 new dive centers across the country so far this year as its message resonates with proactive dive retailers.

“By joining with NASE this year I saved enough money to buy a 85 foot flag pole to attract clients to my dive center…by all rights, I should be flying a NASE flag because they are the ones who paid for it!” Robert Bunkley, owner Atlantic Pro Divers.

Forward thinking retailers who want to learn more and save thousands need to contact us today or visit us at the DEMA show, booth 619.

So is NASE's play a straightforward "cheaper than your current agency" value proposition to the dive center? Trimming costs to improve the bottom line is surely a good thing, but what is NASE doing - or what COULD NASE be doing - to help a dive center grow their TOP LINE? Cutting costs can help prevent a business from failing... but growing sales is what's necessary for a business to be successful.

Thanks in advance for any info or insights you might share - Ray

I'm glad to see NASE growing and I hope it continues.
NASE standards are more in-line with my own philosophies of diving and teaching than my other agency. Not to mention, I don't feel constantly nickled & dimed (and that's an under exaggeration of the actual costs). I appreciate that they fairly support independents as well as dive centers.

Great question, our goal with this program is to save retailers money, reducing inventory cost (eliminating "unsellable merchandise") and provide them the opportunity to re-invest the savings into area that can grow overall sales such as marketing,etc. A fixed cost model for materials also enables retailers to bundle products such as a dive computer & Nitrox course, or add Nitrox to the Open Water course, etc. So the this bottom line savings can certainly add to the overall financial health of a retailer.

Your question about what can we do to help grow a business is the obviously more complex. The program can grow a business if used by the owner with a combination of strategy and tactics in mind. For example, a retailer could reach out to all past certified students and ID the top prospects and offer them a "scuba certification gift". I used this in my store where I gave my top clients a certification for a free course with the understanding they had to give it away to a friend of relative to use. First off, the clients I gave this to loved the the fact they had one less gift to buy. Plus I knew they would only give it to someone who they knew would want to scuba dive (and buy gear - perfect dive buddy). This didn't work all the time, but it did the majority and around this time each year they were asking me about it.

This example is only to illustrate an indirect way this program can help, thus it is a step towards ultimately making retailers stronger and our commitment to a strong industry. I will also pose this question to some of our partner store and see what their response is.

Thanks for posing the question!

Great question, our goal with this program is to save retailers money, reducing inventory cost (eliminating "unsellable merchandise") and provide them the opportunity to re-invest the savings into area that can grow overall sales such as marketing,etc. A fixed cost model for materials also enables retailers to bundle products such as a dive computer & Nitrox course, or add Nitrox to the Open Water course, etc. So the this bottom line savings can certainly add to the overall financial health of a retailer.

Your question about what can we do to help grow a business is the obviously more complex. The program can grow a business if used by the owner with a combination of strategy and tactics in mind. For example, a retailer could reach out to all past certified students and ID the top prospects and offer them a "scuba certification gift". I used this in my store where I gave my top clients a certification for a free course with the understanding they had to give it away to a friend of relative to use. First off, the clients I gave this to loved the the fact they had one less gift to buy. Plus I knew they would only give it to someone who they knew would want to scuba dive (and buy gear - perfect dive buddy). This didn't work all the time, but it did the majority and around this time each year they were asking me about it.

This example is only to illustrate an indirect way this program can help, thus it is a step towards ultimately making retailers stronger and our commitment to a strong industry. I will also pose this question to some of our partner store and see what their response is.

Thanks for posing the question!

I might try to track you down at DEMA. As a marketer by profession and a scuba instructor by avocation... I'm interested in hearing thoughts from anyone and everyone who's willing to do something to help drive the industry forward. Of course, in my heart of hearts I want to find someone willing to help grow the sport. Most companies/organizations in the industry seem rather content to simply fight for market share within the currently existing marketplace... like a bunch of noisy seagulls going after the same handful of french fries on the ground.

602+-+Copy.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom