Nasds SSI WHAT HAPPENED?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello. I am a new member to ScubaBoard. Trying to find out where SSI went (just recently found out NASDS became part of SSI). Been living and loving diving in Palau, and no one has ever questioned my c-card. Now, I take a PADI nitrox class and find out!

Any ideas? found an old email address for ssi and it bounced back, and every web search returns message that site no longer exists.

Thanks much

SSI is very alive and well and living in Boca Raton FL. Mares owns them.

Reactions: mdb
(just recently found out NASDS became part of SSI).
It is more like NASDS changed its name to SSI. The two agencies merged under the name SSI at first, and then the old NASDS leadership bought out the old SSI leadership and took over, bringing all the old NASDS philosophies and procedures with him. They were purchased by Head/Mares, but that leadership remains in place. The move from Fort Collins, Colorado to Boca Raton did shake up the overall management because a number of people left the organization, and they had to repopulate.

It is more like NASDS changed its name to SSI. The two agencies merged under the name SSI at first, and then the old NASDS leadership bought out the old SSI leadership and took over, bringing all the old NASDS philosophies and procedures with him. They were purchased by Head/Mares, but that leadership remains in place. The move from Fort Collins, Colorado to Boca Raton did shake up the overall management because a number of people left the organization, and they had to repopulate.
The best of the SSI folks went to RAID USA.... I agree with your assessment about McNeese absorbing SSI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom