nasal sines bypass for a long rebreather dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I am really open so maybe one day I will try a choptima cus one day I will be doing dual CCR(CCBO) anyway. But yeah I would rather somehow deal with my nose or just simply swim a heads-up trim then losing the benefit of clean chest. I hate cluster chest so much. But I think all BMCL machines have the same issue? Cus they're all built the same

Yep.... when I first got my rEvo, I FIRMLY believed that it breathed just fine. NOBODY could tell me differently.

I do agree about wanting a clean, uncluttered chest. That is why my rEvo is still my primary unit, even though the Choptima generally breathes better. The rEvo breathes plenty good ENOUGH for what I use it

While I am really open so maybe one day I will try a choptima cus one day I will be doing dual CCR(CCBO) anyway. But yeah I would rather somehow deal with my nose or just simply swim a heads-up trim then losing the benefit of clean chest. I hate cluster chest so much. But I think all BMCL machines have the same issue? Cus they're all built the same

I don't know. rEvo CLs are square on top of your back. Others that I've looked at, like the X and the O2ptima look like their BM CLs are more to the diver's sides, than right up on top of the back. It seems possible that just being "back mount" CLs does not tell the whole story and some might be better than others.

As far your current situation, I'm inclined to believe some of the prior posters and say that as you dive it more, you'll get more used to it. Sort of build up the muscles involved, so your issue won't be so bad. Also, as you dive the unit more, you'll get more comfortable and your breathing will naturally slow down. I think that will also help you immensely. My experience is that the closer you are to huffing and puffing, the more likely this issue is to come up. When you are able to swim the unit while still being very relaxed and breathing closer to your normal, at-rest breathing rate, I expect you'll be able to do dives much longer than an hour without any issue.

Sincerely, good luck with it!

Thanks!
I don't know. rEvo CLs are square on top of your back. Others that I've looked at, like the X and the O2ptima look like their BM CLs are more to the diver's sides, than right up on top of the back. It seems possible that just being "back mount" CLs does not tell the whole story and some might be better than others.

As far your current situation, I'm inclined to believe some of the prior posters and say that as you dive it more, you'll get more used to it. Sort of build up the muscles involved, so your issue won't be so bad. Also, as you dive the unit more, you'll get more comfortable and your breathing will naturally slow down. I think that will also help you immensely. My experience is that the closer you are to huffing and puffing, the more likely this issue is to come up. When you are able to swim the unit while still being very relaxed and breathing closer to your normal, at-rest breathing rate, I expect you'll be able to do dives much longer than an hour without any issue.

Sincerely, good luck with it!

Back
Top Bottom