Narrow wings for twin tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

Does anybody know how to solve the problem of a bcd that has narrow wing attached to a twintank band? as far as i know if the bcd is attached directly onto the twin band and when the narrow wing are fuly inflated it will sandwiched the wings and probably as a result the wing could be fully inflated.

i do know that normally for doubles , diver uses wide wings. but what i have is narrow wings although it can do up to 50lbs of lifts if fully inflated.

thanks.

Hi Sunkarm!

I'm not sure what you mean by "narrow wing attached to twin tank band." Can you post a photo?

It sounds like you are worried about the wing not reaching past the doubles. I wonder if you have a giant single wing?

Hi Sunkarm!

I'm not sure what you mean by "narrow wing attached to twin tank band." Can you post a photo?

It sounds like you are worried about the wing not reaching past the doubles. I wonder if you have a giant single wing?

Well my bcd has 50lbs of lifts. however. if i attached directly the twin band onto my bcd, i don't think the wing s can be fully inflated. i think i need some sorts of spacers added to it. thx

Well my bcd has 50lbs of lifts. however. if i attached directly the twin band onto my bcd, i don't think the wing s can be fully inflated. i think i need some sorts of spacers added to it. thx

Okay... I think I'm starting to get the picture. You are not diving a backplate? A metal or plastic plate shaped like this?

Halcyon_backplate_harness_300.jpg

i am using plastic backplate on my seaquest back inflated bcd.

i am using plastic backplate on my seaquest back inflated bcd.

I think that might be the problem. I'm not sure if Sea Quests are modifyable for doubles. I would probably recommend that you go with an actual backplate/wing setup that was designed for doubles.

Hi all,

Does anybody know how to solve the problem of a bcd that has narrow wing attached to a twintank band? as far as i know if the bcd is attached directly onto the twin band and when the narrow wing are fuly inflated it will sandwiched the wings and probably as a result the wing could be fully inflated.

i do know that normally for doubles , diver uses wide wings. but what i have is narrow wings although it can do up to 50lbs of lifts if fully inflated.

thanks.

dude, you want something strong and rigid to mount your doubles on. You don't want those things moving around on you when diving. I personally don't consider any typical BCD suitable for diving doubles....not that I'm a guru or anything :)

get a BP/W setup. As an added benefit, your ease of maintaining correct trim in the water will increase significantly. Soon after I went BP/W for my doubles I decided to head in that direction for singles too.

of course i know that bp/wing would be a better set-up. that's y i wanted to know if my current bc can be done or not. according to seaquest i need a spacer, but i don't know what they meant by that. my bcd r design for double of 80cuft or 100 steels. this is more than enough.i have no intentions of doing more than that.i am already quite comfy with my bc. there r many divers who used my bc and no problem. i am only wondering about if the wing is fully inflated if possible on a narrow wing.

thanks again for all of your opinions and advises.

of course i know that bp/wing would be a better set-up. that's y i wanted to know if my current bc can be done or not. according to seaquest i need a spacer, but i don't know what they meant by that. my bcd r design for double of 80cuft or 100 steels. this is more than enough.i have no intentions of doing more than that.i am already quite comfy with my bc. there r many divers who used my bc and no problem. i am only wondering about if the wing is fully inflated if possible on a narrow wing.

thanks again for all of your opinions and advises.

I have never seen it done. If you do put some kind of spacer in there, remember that it will act like a lever with the weight of the tanks. I would be nervous about walking around with it on. Is the existing wing removable or interchangeable with an actual doubles wing?

i have a seaquest black diamond and they can be used for doubles with a adapter. not sure i would want to,but it would probably work ok with some small doubles. not sure if your bc will take doubles,look on seaquest site and see if they are set up for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom