Nanaimo wrecks and Washington diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sac11550

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got back from a 10 day dive trip in the Puget Sound and Nanaimo BC. I wanted to share my good experience with those that may back it up that way. In Washington we dove the Hood Canal at Sunf Rock. Great Site that you could dive 6-8 times before you saw it all. There is a 50' wreck in 60' of water that is a great dive. Numerous Wolf eels and Pacific Octopus. We used the Hoodsport Dive shop and they were great. If you are up there I would recommend them.

Now the best part of our trip was the 4 days we spent in Nanaimo diving the Saskatchewan, Cape Breton and the Riv Tow. We used Divers Choice http://www.divingbccanada.com/ and the Capt. Ken was great! It was the best dive boat I have ever been on. He picks you up right at the dock so you don't have to hump your dubles. He comes with a hand cart and takes your gear to the boat. He can blend nitrox on the boat and will give you whatever percent you want. He is only 25 minutes from the wrecks. He doesn't care how long you are down and does not rush your SIT between dives. Also he serves a great lunch. He puts your fins on and takes them off. He also puts your sling bottles on and off for you. He will go out with only two divers and will not take more then 6 unless you all know eachother. His boat will take 12. There are only 3-4 other dive charters in Nanaimo and none of them come close to being as good as Ken's Boat. There is no better dive boat and the wrecks are great.

-Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom