Name tag pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, well now I've been messing around with my shots and have a bunch of annoying text bits on them that look awful. Is there anyway to remove all text to a group of pictures? I find it really annoying that you can only select one folder at a time so there is no way to just do something to a whole bunch of folders.

By folder do you actually mean a directory on your drive? Or individual picture? If you want to delete the text from a picture in CS3 and have not flattened the image or saved it as a JPG, you can simply right click on the LAYER and select delete. I am not aware of any way of adding the text to many pictures at one (or the entire contents of a directory).

Steve, I mean all of the pictures within an individual folder on Picasa. I have my shots in individual folders based on dive location an date so I have some 20 odd folders. The way I got the text mess up was by putting text on 1 picture and then hitting paste text on all the rest. Unfortunately there is no way to remove text as quickly other than going through each individual picture.

Sorry. I did not read back and thought that you were using CS3. There are people here that are familiar with Picasa so I am sure someone can help you out.

...Should I - or any photographer- put the copyright symbol? does this imply that we have filed some type of legal document. (I have put the symbol on publications I have authored, but was told I did not need to file any "official" documents)
Thanks

Speaking from personal experience, the instant you take a valid picture, it is copyrighted in your name. The US Copyright Office (U.S. Copyright Office) has all the info if you want to look it up. Neither filing for a copyright or watermarking your works is an absolute, but both can deter re-use, and the former provides legal ownership.

Caveats... if someone pays you to take pictures for them, they can file for the copyright as well since your work ultimately belongs to them unless agreed upon otherwise... (get it in writing either way.) For the "valid" statement... it's just as it sounds... you must have permission to take the picture. Generally this isn't a problem as most pictures are in public places, are of people that have given you permission (family, guests in your house, etc.,) are of people that aren't easily recognized or are of inanimate objects or animals.

In addition to the (c) you must also include the date. The year is sufficient for most purposes. Names and any other identifying marks are optional as they tend to get in the way... generally on a tangible picture, they would be put on the back... on digital pictures, information can actually be hidden in the metadata portion of the file.

The key to keeping your particular work safe is not letting the original out in the wild before you alter it in some way... this way, you have the only copy that can make more "copies." If you have a place to publish a website, put up thumbnails and dates of all your pictures to establish ownership.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom