Name tag pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coll

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi photographers,

I post lots of my pictures online for all to see with the impression that no one would steal them because they aren't good enough! Well I've just gotten an offer from someone to pay me for some of my shots for her to put up in her classroom, very flattering, but my question is, many of you have your name or some logo put on the picture to authenticate and protect it, how do you do that? Is there an easy quick way to throw your stamp on your shots? Please keep in mind that I use Picasa 3 for my editing and have no professional software. Thanks!

Thanks Larry! Have you gotten a chance to dive this weekend?

I have wondered the same thing (about how to watermark), but I use cs3. I read in the help file that I needed to register something with Digimark. Does anyone know much about the process? and is this the best method?

Thank you

Thanks Larry! Have you gotten a chance to dive this weekend?

No problem. We just got back and I'm reviewing my pictures. Saw some really cool stuff. Hope some of the pics turn out.

First of all, congratulations Coll. I can see why she would want them on her walls.

I have wondered the same thing (about how to watermark), but I use cs3. I read in the help file that I needed to register something with Digimark. Does anyone know much about the process? and is this the best method?

Thank you

I too use CS3 and this is what I do.

I simply add a layer of text to my photo with my mark, and then alter the blending options as I want by right clicking on the text layer, then flatten the image and then save it as a JPG. You can make it so that the mark is almost invisible by playing with the blending options. This way it is not overpowering.

Below is the result.

Time_Water_Full1.jpg

I simply add a layer of text to my photo with my mark, and then alter the blending options as I want by right clicking on the text layer, then flatten the image and then save it as a JPG. You can make it so that the mark is almost invisible by playing with the blending options. This way it is not overpowering.

Below is the result.

Thank you so much... I like this method (fast, simple...)
Should I - or any photographer- put the copyright symbol? does this imply that we have filed some type of legal document. (I have put the symbol on publications I have authored, but was told I did not need to file any "official" documents)
Thanks

Attachments

• azure vase sponge 3 cayman 2005.jpg
    azure vase sponge 3 cayman 2005.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 41
Good question DamselDoc, I had the same thought, although I'm having trouble with my shots. They'll only retain the text on them from Picasa if I upload on Picasa's picture server or open the shots with Picasa. Hmmm...

First of all, congratulations Coll. I can see why she would want them on her walls.

Below is the result.

Time_Water_Full1.jpg

Steve have you automated this task or do you manually build your mark for each photo? I attempted to automate my mark which works fine as long as each photo is the same size. if I don't re size them first the mark ends up in different locations.

No I do not believe that the copyright emblem holds any water (pardon the pun) but is more a deterrant in my opinion. Maybe it does...I am in the same boat where very few of my pictures are such that anybody would want them anyways so I never really worried too much.

No I have not automated this task other than to have a word document which I have open when I do this so I can copy the symbol and wording (I could not find the copyright symbol anywhere else) as well as the font and blend settings I like etc.. From there I resize it according to the picture and how obvious I want it. Now that I have done it several times it only takes a minute or two for each picture.

Back
Top Bottom