Name some decent open water sites in cave country

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My sons and I are heading for Ginnie Springs the day after Christmas. We might do Devil's Den, too.

After 15 hours on the road, my sons and I have arrived in Gainesville, Fl. Tomorrow, we're going over to Ginnie Springs for our first time diving there. We have been looking forward to this for a long time. Is anybody going to be there tomorrow or Friday (12/27 & 28)?

am I losing my mind? I swore I read this in here earlier, and replied to it.

Anyway, have fun at Ginnie!!!

Don't know if I'm late in posting or not and I lil off topic, but be careful at Rainbow springs. The last time i was there there wasn't no real secure parking and my car got broken into. So just make sure you lock up everything good.

SSIdiver, sorry about your car. Unfortunately, there are very few places I would consider "safe parking", and pretty much anywhere that my car is out of sight is not "safe parking", so that's going to be true 100% of the time when you're diving.

Paladin, make sure you let us know how Ginnie was, it's one of the top spots I'm looking forward to this spring.

Paladin, make sure you let us know how Ginnie was, it's one of the top spots I'm looking forward to this spring.

Our first day at Ginnie Springs was fantastic. My oldest son had a couple of minor issues with his gear but after those were straightened out, we had a blast! There were a half dozen other SCUBA divers there and a couple of free divers, too.

We're going back tomorrow for a couple more dives and wew hope to get some video footage to put on youtube.

As for safe parking, we talked to some other divers and they said that theft has not been a problem. In fact, we left a picnic table covered with gear while we dived and every piece was there when we got back.

We really like Ginnie and can't wait to get back tomorrow. Ginnie Springs 1 003_0001.jpgGinnie Springs 1 006_0001.jpg

Last edited:
Ginnie is usually pretty safe for gear. The only thing I ever had messed with is deco bottles left at twenty feet.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Nice! Glad you all had a good time! Did you do ballroom + ear + eye?

How were the other people there? I've heard some horror stories about drunk young males on rampage.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom