Name of Uncle Pugs Whaler

Should Uncle Pug call his Whaler "Frequent Flyer"?

• Yes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
So we are coming back today, running downwind in 2' chop in UP's 17' Whaler. The Camel is driving and Shane and I are thinking that we needed our flight suits on. We would launch off a wave, be suspended in the air and I'm left wondering why Dick Rutan got all the credit for sending his aircraft into outerspace this summer. A bit more horsepower on the whaler the Pugster could have collected the grand prize. As the engine was redlining because the prop was out of water, UP turns to me and says "I kind of like Frequent Flyer for a name." Crash goes the boat, tanks get jostled and my spine gets compressed. So I pose the question to you. Do you like Frequent Flyer?

If this doesn't stick, I'm going to nominate UP for a position with the Blue Angels next time one becomes available.

OE2X:
So we are coming back today, running downwind in 2' chop in UP's 17' Whaler. The Camel is driving and Shane and I are thinking that we needed our flight suits on. We would launch off a wave, be suspended in the air and I'm left wondering why Dick Rutan got all the credit for sending his aircraft into outerspace this summer. A bit more horsepower on the whaler the Pugster could have collected the grand prize. As the engine was redlining because the prop was out of water, UP turns to me and says "I kind of like Frequent Flyer for a name." Crash goes the boat, tanks get jostled and my spine gets compressed. So I pose the question to you. Do you like Frequent Flyer?

If this doesn't stick, I'm going to nominate UP for a position with the Blue Angels next time one becomes available.

Frequent Diver, maybe? :10: Did you see GPOs today?

No GPO's or Wolfies today. Worse yet I had to sit this one out and live boat the boys. Getting old is no fun!

I like the name but if it is already taken howabout, Airspeed, Low Orbit, Flying Fish and yeah those are stupid but my 19 foot Whaler is named Nemrod because I am Nemrod, god of the deep! Oh, it is a new boat but with the 150 going strong she easily launches so I know what you mean about flying but so far she seems to have a fairly soft re-entry from orbit. N

Nemrod:
I like the name but if it is already taken howabout, Airspeed, Low Orbit, Flying Fish and yeah those are stupid but my 19 foot Whaler is named Nemrod because I am Nemrod, god of the deep! Oh, it is a new boat but with the 150 going strong she easily launches so I know what you mean about flying but so far she seems to have a fairly soft re-entry from orbit. N

How about Flyin' P....no, wait, that doesn't sound right. Ok, "Flyin' UP" yeah, that works! :07:

Oh, oh, oh, how about "Water Camel"? :wink:

Arrrggghhhh.... Frequent Flyer was to obvious... naturally it is taken. Can't have two boats with the same name unless it is very generic...like... the Whaler.

Uncle Pug:
Arrrggghhhh.... Frequent Flyer was to obvious... naturally it is taken. Can't have two boats with the same name unless it is very generic...like... the Whaler.
Ok, how about Flying Whaler? :D

......."Humpy" for humpback whales that are also breaching and giving an areol (sp) show.

Humpy goes pretty well with a camel too don't you think.

Dave

SterlingDiver:
......."Humpy" for humpback whales that are also breaching and giving an areol (sp) show.

Humpy goes pretty well with a camel too don't you think.

Dave

Whales are not what I think of! :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom