Nags Head - looking for conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parzdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am scheduled to dive next week with Outer Banks Dive Center out of Nags Head. The schedule has the Advance and Cutter as the dive sites. Can someone tell me what current conditions are like? I was planning on diving with a 3mm full suit, 5mm boots, and gloves. I have a hooded vest, but a couple friends dove the Spar out of Morehead City and said the vest is not needed. Will conditions be similar? This is my first time diving in NC.

Thanks for the information!

I don't know what conditions are in Nags Head right now, but call the shop you're planning to use and they can tell you.

This might help a little:
R

In general though, wearing the same thing in Nags Head that you wear in Morehead will leave you cold.

Those are only around 9nm+- from O.I. and the water that close to shore can be cold. Take your 5mm, gloves and a hood in the gear bag just in case. Nags Head is my backyard and you just can't tell from one day to the next when it comes to viz. or water temp.

Have a great time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom