N2ition programming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steelcity

Contributor
Reaction score
Are you able to program this computer to dive at a 1.5. I know there are 3 different safety settings but they just make for a more conservative 1.4.

Just go into the dive set mode.

From the time screen:

Press mode twice.
Press A twice
Press C to set the PO
Press A to switch to gas % setting
Press C to change the gas %

Now press mode to exit or A to move to the next setting.

Good luck!

Thanks gibby for replying. If I follow those directions from the time screen, they take me to the plan screen and I'm changing the depth with the C button. Hitting the A button decreses my planned depth.

I know I can change the SF settings from 0-2. With 0 being the least conservative setting for 1.4

Trying to actually change the constant 1.4 setting to 1.5 if possible.

Thanks.

Not sure about the 3 gas computer but on the 2 gas version the pO2 limits cannot be set by the user.

You can do 2 things:

1) Dive to whatever pO2 you choose and ignore the warning at 1.4. Not sure why anyone would want to do that but there is no penalty for doing so other than the alarm which I guess is annoying.

2) Set the second gas as your bottom mix and dive it to 1.6 pO2 without the alarm. Still not clear why you would want to but at least no ringing till you pass out.

I am in NO WAY endorsing diving past 1.4 pO2 on a bottom mix. NO NEED TO DO THAT AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED.

Willem

I have the original N2ition not the 3. I try to stick to 1.4 but sometimes after shooting a fish I may have to drop down a few more feet and I didn't want my computer to go buts.

Wear a vest with hood next weekend when you are hunting on the east coast. It has been cold on the bottom and the hood will keep you from hearing the alarm :wink:.

In all seriousness, you should think carefully about your hunting habits. It is not really smart to push high ppO2's on dives where there will be some exertion - like spearfishing most of the time. Oxtox is highly variable from day to day even for the same individual and it is definitely a greater risk factor when you are working hard. That's why your computer will let you deco at a 1.6 but not use that setting for the working portion of the dive. It doesn't make a big difference on your BT's to back off the mix a little. I would personally rather deal with a longer stop (not endorsing untrained deco diving either) than fall asleep on the bottom.

Just my 2c worth. Have fun and be safe.

Willem

I'm backing Willem.
Don't fly so close to 1.4 when planning your dive.
If you are concerned about multiple dive penalties take a adv nitrox class and deco on 80%

Back
Top Bottom