N2ition 3 ascent rate indicator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmainou

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys,

Can you please help me confirm whether there is an ascent rate indicator (graph) on the N2ition 3?

On the N2ition 2 there was a very clear and large ascent rate indicator at the bottom of the screen but where do I locate a similar bar/graph on the N2ition 3?

The “safe” and “slow” symbols do seem to be working correctly but I miss the graph as it is a very handy thing to have to manage the ascent rate. The fact is that by the time you receive the “SLOW” warning you are already way too fast.

The manual on page 18 shows two pictures. The one on the right side shows a red blink towards the right of the dot matrix area at the top. It mentions something about the ascent rate on the paragraph below. Also, if you use the Dive Rite manual for the Nitek there is a specific arrow pointing to that blink indicating that there is an ascent rate indicator there but it doesn’t seem to be working on my computer.

Should I be able to see an ascent graph and my computer is faulty or was the feature removed?

Thanks

D

The “blink” you see in the manual is calling out the visual graph that represents your ascent rate. The Dive screen of the N2ition 3 has both that graph there and the two icons “slow” and “safe.” If you are ascending too quickly an audible alarm will accompany the “slow” icon to alert you.

OH' ok.

I do have the graph that draws the dive profile but I didn't realise that it doubles as an ascent rate indicator.

That is a pity because that graph is scaled to whatever is the maximum depth so how do you adjust for speed and scale? I presume that two pixels at 40m will be 8m/min? :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

It doesn't matter. The computer does what I need, as in managing multiple mixes, my backup instrument does have a bar type ascent rate graph so I'll rely on that on for the ascent.

Thanks for answering the Q' so fast.

BTW. The Zeagle manual lacks the instructions of how to switch the computer to metric and vice versa

I'm planning on trying out my new N2ition 3, and I came across this thread...

Any folks out there experienced with this dive computer who could explain in a little more detail how to evaluate ascent rate on this display? It's just not clear at all in the manual, and it sounds like the N2ition 3 only gives you a warning once you're already ascending too fast.

:headscratch:

Am I mistaken here? Is there some way of interpreting data on the display (either in the dot matrix display or elsewhere) that I'm missing?

Thanks! -Mike

Hi mate,

In short. The dot matrix display is a gimmick. There is no way to make an interpretation.

The clear display on the N2 is gone. I wish I had known that before I bought it.

By the way I forgot to mention that as soon as you go into deco the dive graph goes away and the deco message appears. (check the manual it is there) Also your dive time disappears from the primary screen and therefore it makes harder to follow your planned dive since you need to toggle between screens to find out the dive time. That is, if you planned an 18 min dive to 45m you need to constantly toggle between screens as soon as the deco starts. It just adds to task loading which is not a good thing while being "under the influence" of narcosis. Have I mentioned that the download software doesn't work?

I am the proud owner of 3 sets of Zeagle regs, a full b/p & wing Zeagle set, a Paragon drysuit and of course the computer. I can say I am a Zeagle fan. I can also say that the computer is not what I expected and if I could I would send it back.

Dmainou, thanks so much for the information. I'm kind of surprised/stunned that they would have designed a dive computer without any real ascent rate indicator. And your other findings only add to my concern.

I still have time to return it, so I think I might go ahead and get something else while I still can.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom