N2 Saturation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steele

Contributor
Reaction score
Doc:
If you were scheduled to be in a habitat for a number of days at let's say 200fsw, is there a point in which your tissues become so saturated with N2 that your deco obligation reaches a plateau and remains the same no matter how long you stay at that depth?

I ask this because I was watching Discovery the other day (sound turned off) about a team of divers who in the mid 60s did something similar. Since the sound was turned off during the narrative I missed any discussion on deco or the mix they were using for their stay.

Sheesh. I feel kinda silly now. :wink: I even used the word 'saturated' in my OQ.

Hello Steele:

Saturation is generally believed to occur after about 24 hours. Decompression obligations do not get longer after this duration.

Generally, the ascent from a saturation dive is considered about 4 feet per hour or about 100 feet per day.

Dr Deco :doctor:

The next class in Decompression Physiology for 2006 is September 16 – 17. :1book: http://wrigley.usc.edu/hyperbaric/advdeco.htm

Back
Top Bottom