Myrtle beach water conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kyaquaman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Has anyone been to the Sherman lately to know what the water conditions are like? I will be diving the Sherman on September 5th. With the storms can anyone tell me what the water is like.

Ill be there as well on the 5th but not diving till the 6th I just called one of the dive shops she said that the vis is 2 feet to 50 feet you never know.

The vis was 20+ft on the bottom about 6 miles from the sherman this past weekend. I have not heard of anything in the 2' range, but most of the guys I know dive offshore, so that may have been at one of the inshore sites.

I talked with Coastal scuba yesterday as I paid for my charter and they said you want know till you get there because it's changing everyday. The winds are out of the north so they said that should settle things. Enjoy diving.

I dove on Friday vis was about 15 to 20 feet on the bottom and 40 on top. Great dive. I dove with coastal scuba and it went great. I would recommend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom