my try on UW photography...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pyrodiver

Contributor
Reaction score
i've posted some of the photos at the members gallery, and received suggestion to make my own thread... maybe join dennis' toilet book collection in the near future... =) hope their worthy dennis :D

I've earlier posted the photos at Digital photographer philippines...

235019091_c9e9ee3039.jpg

234976038_0c1a76e1ff.jpg

234976035_1086fc1542.jpg

234386231_31ca50c4a2.jpg

Thanks everyonel! =)

My guide didn't pay too much attention to the flat worm when he saw it... Like my experience with the juvenile bat fish and the cow fish, the flat work went towards the red focus light of my strobe. Must be something with red lights underwater. But wait, flat worms have eyes? hmmmmm... probly not...

As for the froggie, my guide was screaming his lungs out when he saw it. I thought, wow, the party top side is getting too loud! :D

pyrodiver:
i've posted some of the photos at the members gallery, and received suggestion to make my own thread... maybe join dennis' toilet book collection in the near future... =) hope their worthy dennis :D

I've earlier posted the photos at Digital photographer philippines...

235019091_c9e9ee3039.jpg

I think your pictures are really great... This one (above) - What was the F-stop you used??? it seems like the DOF is a little too shallow, and parts of the fish are out of focus.

Otherwise... they're all really cool, with great composition. Nice job!

howarde:
I think your pictures are really great... This one (above) - What was the F-stop you used??? it seems like the DOF is a little too shallow, and parts of the fish are out of focus.

You know, that seems to be the trend now with photogs. We had a por at a company event and if two people were standing next to each other, but one was maybe 6 inches in front of the other, only one person would be in focus. A lot of people liked it, but I don't. I've also seen other photos where the the front of a small fish is in focus but the middle and back is not, but the photographer intended it to be that way. like the middle of the clown fish is very sharp, but the head is not. But knowing how clown fish operate, just getting the whole thing in the frame is a miracle.
Anyway, I really like your photos. Froggie is indeed my favorite.

howarde:

Hey Howarde, It's on f/8.0. I found this blurry but I liked the way the fish was about to attack me for getting too close to the anemone. I'm just getting the hang of setting white balance during day dives. I need to learn how to do it more efficiently. Night dives are less of a problem...

Back
Top Bottom