(My) Truth about Belize & Victoria House

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone keeps telling Townsend to eat what the locals eat, which I agree is good advice in general. The catch is that he is a vegetarian (as am I) and therefore can't eat most of what the locals eat. I don't let this keep me from travelling, I just consign myself to a lot of pizza! =) When we were on Ambergris Caye 3 years ago there was a small Indian takeaway place (outside of town but worth the hike) that we kept returning to. And in Placencia there was a good restaurant called Rasta Pasta. Happy noshing!

roni at Protech:
Townsend,

I am sorry to read about your experience. There are quit a few restaurant on the island which are quit expensive. However, like many other destination, in Belize you will be better off by going to the restaurants that the locals eat in.

There are about six restaurants I rerecommend people to go. all of them serve very good food, with a meal cost of about $8 to $14 US per person, which in my eyes is quit reasonable.

If you or any one else want the names please email me.

Bye
Yes, I'd like the names of the restaurants where the locals eat.

I've got a good friend that is terrified to travel for two reasons.

1. "Just think - all those pillows in a hotel have been up against someone elses BUTT!"

2. "what would I eat?!?"

Although I don't have a good answer for #1, I've told him that "you can travel around the world on Cheese Pizza!". It seems to be a universal food!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom