My surgery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tao of the Dive

Rabid Otter Spotter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My surgerywent well, I'm sore as hell, walking hurts, sitting hurts laying hurts, so far, I can't find a position that I can stay in for longer than ten minutes. I should have the biopsy results back early this week, and we are hoping it's good news. I'll be sure to pass on to you guys what it is, either way.

I appreciate all of your prayers, thoughts, and/or time spent in meditation. The worst news so far is, the Doc says no heavy activity for at least eight weeks. Now why do scuba tanks and lead weights have to weigh so daggum much:scubadive ...LoL

Anyhow, this ends the 'newsbrief'.

Catch ya'll later.

Tao of the Dive:
I appreciate all of your prayers, thoughts, and/or time spent in meditation. The worst news so far is, the Doc says no heavy activity for at least eight weeks. Now why do scuba tanks and lead weights have to weigh so daggum much:scubadive ...LoL

Tao,
I feel your pain... I'm still recovering from my back surgery (Mar 9th)... so, my prayers are with you.
Make sure you tell your doctor that scuba gear doesn't weigh anything in water... My doc's ARNP is a diver... As soon as I made it through the 6 week point... he said... "Have someone throw your gear in the water and chase it." The water has really helped my back... after I started swimming again... my back brace came off, and I haven't even thought about putting it back on.
Good luck and recover soon....

Al

Tao, I'm with you and Al.. though, my gear is back on now... I still ache. Its been a Tylenol Arthritis weekend for me...

Good to see your on the road to Recovery!!!! It's been too long since out last dive.

Hey Buddy, positive vibes and well wishes are sent you way. Hope to be diving with ya soon!

I hope to be diving with all of you soon as well. Although I don't think I'd feel too good about conning Ken into toting all of my gear, or letting Andy set up my gear (especially my spool or regs).LoL...

So no diving for me until I get a clean bill-o-health from the bonesaw. I haven't dove since the last get together where I attended anyhow, and if I've waited that long, I can wait a while longer. At least I don't have a super long recovery time, there will still be summer left. So has there been any talk about a fall lcoation for the Megadive? Hurricanes notwithstanding?? And on that matter, all of ya'll in Fla are in my prayers. Can ya'll tell the meds are working? He he he...I'm allllll over the place... I better go before i really get out of hand...later ya'll

Tao of the Dive:
I hope to be diving with all of you soon as well. Although I don't think I'd feel too good about conning Ken into toting all of my gear, or letting Andy set up my gear (especially my spool or regs).LoL...

I wouldn't worry about letting other people carry your gear. I tell my students ahead of time... you want me to teach... you carry my gear. Since the doc gave me the OK to dive (but not carry my gear)... I've been teaching my tail off.

Al

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom