My Pro Plus 2 died

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got about 150 dives on my replacement PP2 without incident. The guys at Oceanic were great, so I'd give them a call if you haven't already.

Without knowing the manufacturing date of both computers, I suppose it's impossible to rule out a manufacturing defect. It's a long-shot, but have you changed anything in your gear configuration or the way you store or load your gear into your vehicle that might have damaged the computers? It seems super coincidental that both computers would leak within a week's time.

Speaking of coincidences, I see we both live in Renton. Are you affiliated with a shop or dive club?

Yeah, the coincidence didn't escape me either. :) The crazy thing is that all the gear gets the same routine every weekend. I have run the same gear configuration for a year or two without a single variation other than the piece of Velcro came off my left drysuit boot shoelace a couple weekends ago. :)
My wrist computer did fine Sunday.

As far as living in Renton, that's cool. If you want I can test dive your computer and see just how well it holds up against the track record I'm building. I've been going to Underwater Sports and they are looking into my computers with Oceanic. No dive club yet. I'm more into diving than talking about diving, so if you know of a club like that, I'm always looking for a steady supply of buddies.

I'm a pretty darn good rec diver, but (judging by your posts in other threads) I'd probably just slow you down at this point. I'm hoping to get some tec training later this year because I feel like I've reached the limits of rec diving, and I'm ready for some new challenges. If you feel so inclined, I'd love to hear about the gear and/or training you got while transitioning to tec.

I took both my computers in to Underwater Sports.
One was under warranty and was replaced at no charge. The other was out of warranty and replaced for $150.
Both have been running great since Feb. The one get in Puget Sound pretty much every weekend. I wonder if the old O-rings just shrunk enough in the cold to let some water in the front under the cover.

I guess I'll take both of them on my Antartica trip in March as well as a backup guage and wrist computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom