MY PORTS ARE FALLING OFF! ..help super needed...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll concur with what others have said.... But more than anything, get someone to help you set that up, or guranteed you'll flood it. You're first order of business should be to replace the o-rings around those domes and get a spare one or two as well. The wear out and need to be replaced from time to time, especially if you don't clean them properly. I remove mine i the off season and store them in zip-lock bags.

That little "plug" is the moisture sensor. It needs to be fastened in place, with the probes slightly above the housing. I use a dab of Gorilla Glue on the wire. Replace the battery frequently. You can test the system by shorting the two probes with a wet finger.

Good luck!

Now go order o-rings.

And service the housing soon. Even all the hidden o-rings dry out and need to be replaced now and again.

I did what you guys suggested and I'm taking photos! The learning curve is HUUUUUUGE!
OCTOPUS-RUNNING.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom