My pieced together vintage setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have modified these nuts to make a more flush nut.... drill the plate holes a bit oversize, and you can leave the tanks studs short...
Are abit of a pain to tighten...
That’s a great idea! Thanks for sharing that with me. I have some nutserts . That might be a good option. Like a rivet that has a nut in the center.

That’s a great idea! Thanks for sharing that with me. I have some nutserts . That might be a good option. Like a rivet that has a nut in the center.
Hard to see, do your bands have the extra half arc I assume,
I normally cut those off or mount them backwards... and just use normal studs like modern doubles.
If not the wing grommets hold the tank out from you back even more... I want everything as close as possible...

Hard to see, do your bands have the extra half arc I assume,
I normally cut those off or mount them backwards... and just use normal studs like modern doubles.
If not the wing grommets hold the tank out from you back even more... I want everything as close as possible...
They do have the half arc.

you have your own CNC plasma machine?

Looks like a great project.
Someone else mentioned, but to cross the shoulder straps for better stability as the plate will be lower on your back.
With double 72's, I did this using a traditional stainless backplate successfully.
You will want a wing with a side inflator, not middle. Wings with the middle one will interfere with the regulator can.

DHDH_zpsraj0rrlb.jpg
man i hate photobucket.

Looks like a great project.
Someone else mentioned, but to cross the shoulder straps for better stability as the plate will be lower on your back.
With double 72's, I did this using a traditional stainless backplate successfully.
You will want a wing with a side inflator, not middle. Wings with the middle one will interfere with the regulator can.

View attachment 725807
man i hate photobucket.
Thanks for the information. I will cross the straps. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for a side inflating wing.

My favorite set up. Twin steel 72s with a solid manifold and harness [ plus extra bonus points for the JetAir]. You will find your trim is perfect with this rig. I wouldn't change a thing. Enjoy !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom