My pieced together vintage setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here’s the finished product! Can’t wait to get it wet.
29FE08A7-4F65-467D-B304-0CBEFA3107C8.jpeg

Here’s the finished product! Can’t wait to get it wet.View attachment 726106

Looks great! Have you sourced your wings yet? And your pull rod (if you won't be running a SPG)?

Another suggestion (besides crossing your harness straps behind your head): Run you shoulder straps to the inside waist slot. Doing this should provide a bit more stability and will allow the waist strap to hold the shoulder straps in place and tighter to your torso.

Also, I can't tell from the photo, but are you running a crotch strap? If you'll be diving a BC/wing, then unless you run your shoulder straps pretty tight (and use a shoulder release), you will need a crotch strap, almost certainly.

Can't wait to read your dive report.

rx7diver

Looks great! Have you sourced your wings yet? And your pull rod (if you won't be running a SPG)?

Another suggestion (besides crossing your harness straps behind your head): Run you shoulder straps to the inside waist slot. Doing this should provide a bit more stability and will allow the waist strap to hold the shoulder straps in place and tighter to your torso.

Also, I can't tell from the photo, but are you running a crotch strap? If you'll be diving a BC/wing, then unless you run your shoulder straps pretty tight (and use a shoulder release), you will need a crotch strap, almost certainly.

Can't wait to read your dive report.

rx7diver
I haven’t gotten a doubles wing yet and it might be a while as I’m losing my job of 23 years on June 30th. I do run an SPG with this reg setup. It on a banjo fitting. I didn’t have it in the picture and didn’t realize until after I took the pictures. I was looking at the straps today and am planning on rerouting them. I appreciate the suggestions. I can’t wait to give a dive report.

BigRed - Come to the Dive With Us weekend at Sugar Grove Quarry on 6/18/22. Several of us will be diving double hose rigs as well. You can DM me for details if you need to.

BigRed - Come to the Dive With Us weekend at Sugar Grove Quarry on 6/18/22. Several of us will be diving double hose rigs as well. You can DM me for details if you need to.
Unfortunately I have to work that day. I appreciate the invite. If I can get off work I would definitely come. Is this a public or private quarry?

Unfortunately I have to work that day. I appreciate the invite. If I can get off work I would definitely come. Is this a public or private quarry?
private, two dive shops, one in Kettering and one in Blue Ash lease it.

Back
Top Bottom