My New Toys!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what made you choose the SeaLife SL-961D strobe? I was leaning toward the Ikelite AF-35 for my A650IS.

Jerry

The Price Mainly...I'm not looking for super pro.

Nah I know you guys were just kidding around, I can't wait to start shooting with it, I know the macro is awesome I was shooting some pics of flowers earlier! That strobe is really bright, it whites pictures out on the surface when its turned up!

I got one the Sea Life 961D for Christmas and matched it with an A720IS which I've taken to Playa Del Carmen twice since. I had a hard time with the strobe power as well. Found that the "automatic" setting on the strobe didn't work well and ended up just dialing it down progressively. I would be really interested in hearing what works for you.

- Rob

I just uploaded some shots to my photo gallery on here.

My turn - getting things ready for my upcoming Cayman trip...

IMG_00045.JPG

Oly c5060wz, WCON 0.7c WA lens, PT-020/PPO-02 housings, Inon Z240 strobe, Fantasea Nano focus light, Optical Oceans tray and arms (optical cable not yet installed)

I just uploaded some shots to my photo gallery on here.
Hi Josh:
You inspired me... I just ordered the Canon housing for my A650IS yesterday off of Amazon. I didn't order a strobe, though, as I'll have to save some more pennies. Maybe this Summer.

Your pics look good. Maybe a little dark. Could you beef up the power on the SL-961D strobe? Did you get any macro shots?

I've got a Hoods Canal dive scheduled mid May, and I should have my housing by then. I'm hoping if I stick to macro shots that the built-in flash will be sufficient (at least until I can afford a strobe).

Jerry

Hi Josh:
You inspired me... I just ordered the Canon housing for my A650IS yesterday off of Amazon. I didn't order a strobe, though, as I'll have to save some more pennies. Maybe this Summer.

Your pics look good. Maybe a little dark. Could you beef up the power on the SL-961D strobe? Did you get any macro shots?

I've got a Hoods Canal dive scheduled mid May, and I should have my housing by then. I'm hoping if I stick to macro shots that the built-in flash will be sufficient (at least until I can afford a strobe).

Jerry

Actually the strobe gets MUCH brighter, it was turned down to almost minimum, I didn't get a chance to tweak the settings a lot, we were fighting the current most of the time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom