My New Toy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davelew

Contributor
Reaction score
Here it is, my new toy:

4062866924_99854f8fac.jpg

4062122385_4e6a621997.jpg

4063572057_43479981a4.jpg

It's a housing for an Olympus E-P1 camera, with an adapter to use water-corrected Nikonos lenses. I'll be testing it out next weekend in Florida.

David Lewinnek
david@piratepro.com
www.piratepro.com

wow!!!
micro 4:3's man. the sensor of a dslr in a compact's body.
please post pictures when you get the chance to use it!

Thats awesome. Did you build the housing?? I cant wait to see test pics!!

Yes, I built the housing. Basically, I designed a housing that fulfilled my own particular wish list for an underwater camera housing (water-corrected lenses, easy access to manual controls, high quality sensor, small package, fiber-optic strobe triggers, strobe arm mount directly above the lens).

I'll be at the DEMA tradeshow this weekend to talk to underwater photography stores about selling some of my housings. So far, I've been really surprised at the high levels of interest -- I only planned to go down for two of the four days of the show, and now both days are booked solid with meetings.

I used to think I was the only one with my particular wish list, but now it sounds like other people might be interested as well!

Very very very cool!!!

Hey Dave, we arent going to have a booth there, but I will be walking around. Id love to schedule a time and place to check it out. PM me your contact details.

Back
Top Bottom