My New Home Made GoPro Rack.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thook

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just this bad- boy together and topped it off with an I torch Video Pro 4 Torch! Geesh what a light!
I'll be testing it in the Gulf in a few weeks! T-Rig.jpg

If you are holding it using that handle, doesn't it look like it will be a little bit top heavy?

If you watch some videos advising on how to use pole mounts, for example, they usually suggest to have the camera upside down at the end of the pole (activate the upside down mode as well) , so it's not "top heavy" in a way that your attempts to keep it balanced it straight up won't translate into shakiness.

[video=youtube;MZEYz_eNoVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZEYz_eNoVU&feature=plcp[/video]

If you are holding it using that handle, doesn't it look like it will be a little bit top heavy?

If you watch some videos advising on how to use pole mounts, for example, they usually suggest to have the camera upside down at the end of the pole (activate the upside down mode as well) , so it's not "top heavy" in a way that your attempts to keep it balanced it straight up won't translate into shakiness.

[video=youtube;MZEYz_eNoVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZEYz_eNoVU&feature=plcp[/video]

This kind of mounting (letting gravity help "stabilize" the camera) makes a lot of sense. At 3:32 there's a pic of the camera mounted to the pole. Can anyone tell what the mount is? Looks like a plug.

I have that same GoPole.
It works well and "Floats" the camera if you lose it.
Doesnt telescope but works good.
Having it upside down like they said does wonders for the stability.

Lizard, Haven't used it yet...My Utila dive is my first GoPro film...and thustly saw the need for light....so now I'm adding itR1.jpgR2.jpg. I have added another component so now I have 2 rigs sporting 2250 lumen of light...One I-Torch videopro 4 and a smaller 900 lumen video spot. This should add quite a bit of flare to video quality. I'll be testing these rigs in the Gulf here in a few weeks.

G550...The only comparison to the Soloa would be the Videopro 4 is 1350 lumen verses the Sola 1200 lumen and the I Torch is much less expensive....

The above on the pole looks viable using the camera upside down...but really wont matter under water I wouldn't think. I used an X shot extension monopod for my stuff...the video that looks most shakey is the tight shots...the rig is so small it can be difficult to keep steady. I'm still satisfied for the $ I've spent.

The above on the pole looks viable using the camera upside down...but really wont matter under water I wouldn't think. I used an X shot extension monopod for my stuff...the video that looks most shakey is the tight shots...the rig is so small it can be difficult to keep steady. I'm still satisfied for the $ I've spent.

Not suggesting the pole, but just exemplifying the "top heavy" concept, you got the camera and two lights on the top part. Personally, I would remove that lower handle and use the flex arms as handles, that way weight is more balanced (or bottom heavy).

I've done some pool tests and your right. However, it evens out pretty nicely though as the best lighting scenario is with the arms fully extended to the sides. I have another T mount on the bottom tray actually. It's also found it nice to have the option of running a hand through the mount as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom