My *NEW* GoPro Setup.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a neat setup, definitely adds muscle to the GoPro. Although I love my GoPro, for that cost I would personally step up to a compact camera like a Sony or Panasonic. It would better suit how I'd like to shoot but to each his own.

Looking forward to see how your videos with this setup turn out.

This looks to be the housing guys. Looks interesting but expensive. $600 retail for just the housing, really comes down to how much do you want to invest for a $400 camera.

That's dirt cheap for a quality housing. Those of us in the DSLR world routinely wrap a $700 camera body and $700 lens into a $2500+ housing. Then add domes, strobes, more lenses. The camera is the least of the problems...

Incidently, I was playing with one of those housings on the weekend... Very nice piece of kit. The guy who owns the shop shoots quality video in some giant Amphibico setup that weighs... probably 50 pounds? I asked him about relative quality and he said that on a TV, up to 55"... zero. More than that, there's a difference. Clearly Youtube isn't going to notice!

Nice setup! thanks for sharing

I had an idea a year or two back to hard wire the LCD to the gopro and run an extension so I could pole mount it my gopro but still see what I was filming to make sure everything was framed correctly. Never got around to making it... but glad to see someone else has done it.

Damm!!!!!! I was looking into something but had no idea this existed. Going on a trip of a lifetime next year to the Solomon's on both boat and land. Due to 4-5 dives/day I was going to go with the Sola 4000's to last the day, this looks like the GoPro itself would now last as well!

I was even toying with the nightsea idea too, that would be really cool. Just at $640 extra for the Nightsea plate per Sola...ouch. This trip is already $$$$$$$$

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom